My Dream Tank (RSM 250)

sirstan51

Stoked to start a thread for my new (to me) RSM 250!

I will upload pics tomorrow.

Currently cycling for 5 days with original sand (pink Samoa) and LR.

Just purchased 1 of 2 planned AI Hydra 26 HD units. T5 were removed by prev owner for radions, but i love the features of these new hydras and the fit great.

No skimmer yet. Im looking at tunze 9004 and nit sure if its large enough.

Planning on at least 1 Jebao rw8. I have mp10 on my nano (aquapod 28), but want to try the rw. Also have 2 upgraded eheim return pumps pushing a ton of flow.

Anybrsm 250 tips would be greatly appreciated. Love the look and especially build quality of these tanks!

Ss

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Start a new tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along - we love pics :)

sirstan51

Here is a ft shot.

Cycling tank now. Ammonia is done and nitrites dropping below .5

Running set of new hydra 26 hds. Wanted to test and really love them. Will need to add either 1 more 26 or 1 52. Not sure yet.

20151107_142504_zpshl7yqtzb.jpg

Tunze 9004 and 3162 (prob not necessary) fit perfect in original skimmer chamber. 3162 has osmolator eye mounted which works well IMO.

FB_IMG_1447828775957_zpsmbfavas4.jpg

In love the switch box making everything really easy.
FB_IMG_1447828754345_zpssuaczemr.jpg

Last edited:

kunzmj

Looking good so far. I have a RSM C-250 and was considering retrofitting some AI hydra's into the hood. Do you have any pictures or a description of how exactly you mounted them in there? Have you purchased additional units to help spread the light out? How is the front-to-back distribution of light? Thanks in advance!

Andy

Love rsm 250 tanks. Iv gt the jebao rw 4 and I can tell you it has more than enough flow in the tank. I'm struggling finding places that arnt high flow for the delicate lps corals as it is! Ur rock work looks mint in jealous. What sort of fish u gna go for? I'll watch ur thread coz wer in similar starting points. Have fun