My DIY canopy

Jiddy

Heres my gameplan. Im going to run a three 400w setup.

Thinking of making it look like sparky's setup. Wanted to go with these items:

3 IceCap 400 Watt Electronic Metal Hallide Ballast- found a price of $175 a piece. (I want the 110v ballast right?)
http://www.marinedepot.com/md_viewIt...product=IC3181

3 Spider Reflectors with Mogul Sockets at $48 ea.
http://www.marinedepot.com/md_viewIt...product=CP5753

Then besides bulbs all i need to do is build and they will come correct? Just wanted some feedback.

As far as VHO supplementatioin ill be using my existing setup of IceCap 430 ballast with two VHO's for blue.

Hows that sound?
Jiddy

Kensn

Yep ya want the 110v ballasts. Are you using (2) 4' Vhos??? Now all you have to decide on is bulb brand and temp... Make sure you look at Sanjay's site to see what bulbs will give you the best par with your ballasts.....

Jiddy

Thanks Guys/Gals.

Ken-Ill be using 2 72" VHO's and Ill be checking Sanjay's site when the canopy is complete

Witty-Thanks I believe that is what ill use for VHO's

Doni-Great

Kensn

Hey Jiddy, Don't forget to make the canopy big enough to hold the 72" VHOs and end caps.... Need to oversize it just a bit to hold them.. A common mistake... Get the bulbs and endcaps together and get a good measurement...

Jiddy

Good point, the ghetto canopy i currently have (previous owner) did mention that. I actually dont want to do that again. Hmmm, maybe ill just do some staggered 48" bulbs. And one thing i was worried about was getting the endcaps to be the perfect length. Im sure ill just have to assemble the endcaps on the bulbs to make exact measurements

Kensn

That might be the way to go Jiddy, if you really think about it there will not be alot on the last foot on each side of the tank anyway.... As long as the halides have good coverage you will be good. 48" bulbs are cheaper also....

Jiddy

Well since they will be staggered, it wont be a lose on each for, as much as double VHO in the middle