My clam wants to lay low

Basile

My clam doesn't want to stay up right. I've done what i was told to put a flat rock underneath. And it stays for a while but return on its side. Then i put rock besides it it still manage to go on its side.

I thought the lights might be to strong, she's on the bottom. Its a Tridacna crocea , The sand is 2" deep, but the rock i just put a week ago didn't help either.

Any ideas?? She seems fine 3" wide i feed Utlraclam, Ultramin S, UltraOrganic, UltraminS Ultraseafan thats all for my sponges and gorgonias so she's getting her fair share plus phytoplankton every 2 days.

Photo083.jpg

Snoopy

Hi Basile
It could just be trying to move to the water current and lighting you have - when you replace the clam are you leaving in the same place and direction? If not, try letting it be till it rights itself ?

I've had my one just on the substrate and it moves itself around till it's happy.

Snoops

Surfnut

You may have a pest in the sand irritating the foot. Try placing the clam on a small piece of rock in the same general area and see if it has the same reaction.

Daytonareefing

Ok thanks guyss will try that.

I was hoping you would answer a question I what a nice clam light yours how many watt led lights are you using I only have a 55 gallon and I'm using 2 30 watt 15k led lights they seem bright enough even to bright for some of my mushrooms. I want to make sure I have enough light before I buy a clam. Would you have any ideas for me?

Mike Johnson

I was hoping you would answer a question I what a nice clam light yours how many watt led lights are you using I only have a 55 gallon and I'm using 2 30 watt 15k led lights they seem bright enough even to bright for some of my mushrooms. I want to make sure I have enough light before I buy a clam. Would you have any ideas for me?

Welcome to Reef Sanctuary. What kind of light? Do you mean like a Par 30 lightbulb?