My Anemone Split!!!!!

lcstorc

Let us know. I wouldn't worry about moving them into the light since they can/will move on their own but at this point I would go look for them as well.

I never use chemi-clean. I nearly lost half a dozen corals after one treatment. I know it says that it is safe, but I disagree. Besides, it is just a band-aid for the cyano. It doesn't fix the problem.

I would get some carbon going quick, do some water changes and hope for the best.

jgking21

Do you think you would have seen signs of them dieing by now if they were? Just hoping for the best for you, seemed they were doing so good for you!

greene394

I have some wonderful news!!! We broke our tank down, did water change, fliped the big rock over, I was exspecting to see the anemones comp shriveled up and looking HORRIBLE!!! But the good news is they look very good!!!!!:woohoo: :woohoo: I am so excited!! They have very good color, a good bit smaller, but the color looks GREAT!!!!! They have a dark tan or light brownish color to them with the hint of green on the tenticles. I am super stoked!! We fed them and they took it and ate!! I am just super relieved!!! I guess they didnt like the Chemiclean treatment.:ponder2: Anyway I am just glad they look good. We are leaving the rock turned over so they can get some light, hopefully they will stay. Prob tomorrow night we will turn rock back over and put everything back togather in our tank. I just want to keep a close eye on them before we flip the rock back. Thanks for everyones repleys and concerns. You guys have been wonderful. And we have now gotten a RODI unit, so using only RODI water, hopefully no more cyno. No more bandaids to try and fix anything! Once again, Thanks all for all the help. I will keep everyone updated!:hug1:

greene394

Thanks a lot!! I am super stoked!! I was sooooo worried! Has anyone else had an exsperience like this with there nems??

greene394

Today they are still small, but have really good color. I guess they are just pouting. We did waterchange last night, but they are still in same place. Prob do another one at the first of next week.

BarbMazz

Their color will look more intense when they are not as inflated. Keep in mind that nems have extremely slow metabolisms, and they may not be out of the woods just yet.

I'd say it's good to step up the water change schedule, and run carbon continuously to take that stuff out of the water.

If the cyano returns there are other ways of dealing with it that aren't so hard on the tank.

greene394

Thanks BarbMazz and Lynn. I will not ever put ChemiClean back in my tank again!! I dont want anything in my tank that will potentally harm anything! Like I said, I am now using only RODI water. I strongly believe that was the cause of the cyno!

greene394

My nems still are in the same spot, but they are getting light and have eaten. They are starting to fill with water again, still not complete size, but getting there. I am just leaving them alone. The color still looks good, thankgoodness! One looked pretty bad saterday night, it was small and the mouth a little swollen, however now it looks fine, guess I just dont see them when they are deflated. When do u think we need to flip the rock back over?? Should I wait till they start moving?? Our tank is a total mess! I just dont know where to go now. Any advice would be greatly appriciated.

jgking21

Didn't they move back there on their own? I would think they would move again when they are ready, but I know nothing regarding anemones. Glad yours are doing better though!

lcstorc

As long as you can do it without squishing them, I would just put the tank back together. The nems are capable of moving to a place that makes them happy so I would let them go where they want to go. If you want to encourage them, maybe put it back together with the side the nems are on pointing up so they have to move to get on the bottom again.

greene394

Thanks I appriciate all the help and advice!! Everyone is so helpfull here! I will keep everyone posted on how they are doing in several days.

greene394

My nems are doing great, starting to move around a bit. I guess the new one is looking for its home! IDk??? Anyways, I will keep everyone posted. We are doing water change tonight and gonna put some stuff back.

greene394

I now have some bad news....one of my nems got into the overflow box, and we didnt know it. It had disappered for several days and I was not real concerned. We looked for it but we just assumed it was hidden behind our huge rock and we could not see it. Well we got up this morning to find our OTHER nem hung in the overflow box. We moved it back to where it was and thats when we discovered our other nem down inside the box. We have no idea how this happed. It was also partally sucked up inside the tube. There was no way it was gonna make it. Some of its insides were comming out. I hate that it happed. Our other nem is fine. Looking good and is staying put now. I was supper afraid we were gonna loose both of them. So now I am back down to 1 again. Bummer!!!!