My Anemone Split!!!!!

BarbMazz

From my understanding, LTA's like to bury their foot in soft, sandy substrate and BTA's like to be on the rocks. Yours looks like a BTA to me.

As far as splitting, I don't think you'll ever know if it split because it's happy or stressed. It looks and sounds as though you're doing a good job, so keep up the good work and try not to overthink it! :D Even the "experts" don't know everything about anemones!

greene394

Thanks all! Well I guess its a Bubble Tip.....I dont care, I still love it! The nems are doing so good. Hope it continues to do well.

BarbMazz

:D Yes to lovin' it! I love mine, too! Good work; keep it up. It's always good to keep posting pictures of it, too. :D

greene394

My new nem is starting to move. Now what?? Do I just wait and see if it settles somewhere?? Its not moved much. It moved to a higher spot in the tank, still in the same general area. I think it may not have been getting enough light. Can it sting other corals?? Its near some of my corals. Thanks for all the info!

BarbMazz

Just let it move where it wants to go... no stoppin' it!

It can sting your corals...you can move the corals out of the way.

greene394

Thanks a lot. It not close to any at the moment. Hopefully its just getting closer to the light. Its not like its moving all around the tank. I will move the corals if i need too. Thanks for the advice. I will keep everyone posted on how its doing in a day or two.

BarbMazz

Sure thing.... good thing about anemones... you have time to act because they've got the S-L-O-W-S. :D

greene394

Here are some good pics of my nem that split. It is right above the other one. It has been in the same spot now for 24 hrs.

nempic13-1.jpg

nempic14.jpg

nempic13.jpg

greene394

Dang it!!!!!! The sucker has moved again! Still in general area, but is getting closer to my corals!!!!cnfzd: I wish it would make up its mind all ready!!!!

greene394

I need some help!!! We treated our tank Friday night with Chemi Pure due to cyno. The cyno has cleared up and looks good. We did a water change Sunday night. We checked our CA 420 and MG 1500, I know MG is a little high. Everything else is 0 and SG is 1.024. However, I have not seen either nem since Friday night. I am very concerned. I dont see them detached anywhere in the rock they stay in. Do I need to be concerned?? Are they just upset due to treatment?? I dont want to stick my hand in there and feel around and upset them more. Should I just keep an eye out? When should I start to get worried and mess around with them?? Please help me!! I am VERY CONCERNED!! It just split 2 weeks ago.

greene394

Anyone?? Its been 4 days since I have seen either nem. Should I try and get them out or leave them alone for another day or two??

Clownfish518

Razorback
PREMIUM
Maybe if you could inspect them and see how they look. You don't want them to die and nuke the tank, but if they are just pouting its best to leave them alone. Sorry, I don't know what's in Chemi Clean and how it works and so can't advise on it other than do some big water changes. Nems do not like changes in water chemistry.

greene394

k thanks. We may do a water change tomorrow night and see if that helps. I really hope they are pouting. I cant inspect them due to where they stay. They are inside a big fake hollow rock. I am assuming they are stuck on the inside of it somewhere. I have not seen them floating around loose inside or anything. How long do they usually pout??

Here is a pic of the rock they stay in......

2009_0415Newfishpics40072.jpg

BarbMazz

The product claims to be safe for all invertebrates. Something's not right with yours though!

I'd hunt for them a bit to see if you can locate them. If you find them and they only look balled up, but healthy, I'd do some big water changes and run some carbon.

Good luck, I know you must be very upset! :(

greene394

No luck with them comming out. We are running chemi pure at the moment, so do I need to add additonal carbon with that?? We are going to give them one more day due to not seeing any sighns of them breaking down. However if we dont see them by tomorrow night, we are deff going to turn the rock over at least so they can get some light if they look ok. We are doing a 15 gallon water change tomorrow night. Joy Joy breaking down our tank!!! I cant wait! We finally have gotten it the way we like it. Thats one reason why we have waited so long.

greene394

Its Thursday and still have not seen them. We have a water change scheduled for tonight and we are planning on anenome hunting!! Lets hope for the best!! I am so worried! I will keep everyone posted.