My Adventures With Cinnamon Clownfish

leslie

Ok I am starting a new thread right now until my cinnamons decide to lay eggs again. If you want to read my previous posts about my cinnamons you can go to this link http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums...-breeding-my-cinnamon-clown-fish.html....that is my previous posts. As of right now the two seem to have made up. I think they are afraid to lay eggs because they see their reflection in the glass, they keep darting out like they are going after something. IDK if this is just normal behavior or they are actually seeing their reflection. I know they dont like me watching, the female always stirs up the crushed coral, the whole right side of our tank is pretty much an accumilation of crushed coral. I will try and take some pics of them and post them. They are beautiful fish, I love them.

leslie

leslie-albums-cinnamon-clownfish-picture24167-clowns1.JPG

This is their tank.

leslie

leslie-albums-cinnamon-clownfish-picture24173-clowns7.JPG

Here you can see the sizes of both of them, and how much bigger the female is. Sorry its kind of spotty, we have coraline growing on the sides of the tank.

leslie

leslie-albums-cinnamon-clownfish-picture24174-clowns8.JPG

My fav pic by far! Shows the love they have for each other! However they did have a scuffle last night, I guess she had to put him back in his place. I do believe they made up!

leslie

I hope everyone enjoys a little taste of my cinnamon's, I am learning more and more about them every day. I hope in someway I can help. Also I am always willing to accept advice as well!! ;-)

nice pics Leslie better than mine and your clowns are nice I like how dark big mama is. good luck hope to hear the sounds of a thousand screaming baby clowns soon lol well maybe not thousands lol

leslie

Me too, They just need to adjust to the new tank I guess before they lay eggs again. She layed eggs every 7-10 days for 2 yrs and now has just stopped. So idk, we will just have to wait. I will add new pics here and there. And I also love how dark the female is! She is beautiful!! The male is handsome! lol

leslie

WOW!!!!! My cinnamins are doing wonderfully with two 6 lined wrasses in the tank with them. They have no problem. We also added a reef cuc as well with 2 emerald crabs witch btw are feasting there little hearts out! I am just so proud that my cinnamons did not attack the 6 lined wrasses. The 6 lined wrasses are trying to dertermin dominance witch I know is normal. Everything thing seems well and good....lets hope it continues that way. I have yet to see a wrasse eat a flat worm though....maybe in a few days they will.

leslie

Ok the wrasses are doing great, no struggle for dominance now. The cinnamon clowns are even letting them down in there den and swimming around with them! Hopefullly they will work on the flatworm situation soon, they may need to get just a little bit bigger........keep your fingers crossed for me!!!

leslie

Well one wrasse is doing great, the other is just picking and picking at him. I am not sure he is going to make it. I was only suppose to get one, however I put two to see if shipping would go down and forgot to change it back to 1. So now I have one wrasse who is doing great and the other is stressed to the max! I feel so sorry for him because its my fault. I cant add him to my 85 gallon because my pshytochromis picks on him thats why I added him to the tank with the other wrasse. He dont look to good! I feel so bad that I made that mistake. Its not the poor fishes fault, now he will prob die. :'(( I feel aweful.......all I can hope is he is strong enough to pull through this. He is hiding right now I guess taking a break from the constant picking on by the other fish. My clowns are trying to get in between them witch is really cool. Its like they feel sorry for the little guy.

leslie

I wish I had another tank to set up to put him in, but I dont and I am afraid catching him again will just be way to much on him and he will die from the stress. Any opinions or advice???

leslie

The 6 lined wrasse is fat and happy, however Idk if he is eating any flatworms. Clowns still have not laid any eggs :(......however they seem very happy.

leslie

Well I give up on the cinnamons laying eggs. I moved them back to my 85 gallon DT. They seem much happier and swimming around everywhere. They ha ve took up with the pot I had in for my regular clownfish. I moved the pot where they use to lay eggs, hopefully they will start at least laying again. I guess the 28 gallon tank was not big enough for them, they just seemed so unhappy so thats why I decided to move them back to the big DT.