My 2nd QT - Picasso Clowns.

goldenmean

I have now had two inhabitants of the Quarantine tank now complete their 6 week stay. The Multicolor velvet wrasse was transfered to the Display tank on October 6th. Here are the first two fish swiming together in the DT
2fish2.jpg

The QT remain empty for a week during which time I wiped off the items in the tank in the tank water and then did a couple of water changes. Just basically cleaning up the tank with out killing off the beneficial bacteria. I also left a little food in tank to keep the bacteria fed.

Then last Tuesday the 14th I received the next inhabitants of QT.
Two of Woodstock's Picasso Percula Clownfish.
It was so cool seeing photos of the parents taking care of the eggs and then Doni taking over as caregiver. It makes these fish just so much more special knowing and watching their first days.
They are now over 3 months old and tiny. And Cute!

Attachments

• PicassoQT.jpg
    PicassoQT.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 217
  • Guernica2.jpg
    Guernica2.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 148
  • Dryad2.jpg
    Dryad2.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 150
  • DryadandGuernica4.jpg
    DryadandGuernica4.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 149
  • DryadandGuernica3.jpg
    DryadandGuernica3.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 149

kathywithbirds

Yay!! They look so happy, like they're doing the "ooo look at this! hey did you see this thing?" "no, come over here you need to see this!"

goldenmean

Thanks everybody!

I have named my pair after a couple of Pablo Picasso's masterpieces.
One is a bit larger and rather bossy so she is named Guernica.
The other one is Dryad.
When I feed Guernica chases Dryad around so Guernica gets most of the food. Guernica likes to be in the pvc pipe a lot while Dryad hangs out in the plastic plants. That gives me the opportunity to get food to Dryad before Guernica realizes there is food in the tank. I want to make sure Dryad gets plenty to eat too.

The first two photogs are Dryad's right and left profiles
while the second two show off Guernica's.

Attachments

• DryadR.jpg
    DryadR.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 191
  • DryadL.jpg
    DryadL.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 190
  • GuernicaR.jpg
    GuernicaR.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 193
  • GuernicaL.jpg
    GuernicaL.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 190

goldenmean

Tomorrow I will have had my pair for 1 month.
They are doing great.
Guernica is now much bigger than Dryad while Dryad has a much deeper orange color.

Guernica
attachment.php

Dryad
attachment.php

goldenmean

Thanks Stace. They are cute aren't they.

Guernica does not like the turkey baster. She attacks it when it is in the water as I am cleaning up the bottom of the tank. At first I thought she was trying to get to the food inside but then she started to go after my thumb on the bulb too. It is kind of funny.

Octoman

Uh oh, she sounds like a feisty one. Just wait until she has bigger teeth and a host to defend!!

lcstorc

They are adorable.
Do you QT for 6 or 8 weeks or are you going to keep them longer due to their small size.
That wrasse is absolutely gorgeous. You are going to have such a colorful tank.
Sorry I went off topic there.

tex5620

Also, did u do anything different than your last time because of their age. for example, any fw dips etc. I guess knowing where your fish come from helps. Really don't have to worry about it since they came from a great home.

goldenmean

Mark she is only aggresive to my hand if I have the turkey Baster in it.
Doni what do you do to your babies with a turkey baster? LOL

Lynn Im not sure how long they will say in the QT tank.
I was thinking of keeping them there longer until they grew more.
I know others have put their babies right into DT.
Also I have to consider that i am going out of town for 4-5 days over the holidays and I think I want them in the 55g by early December. That way they have time to adjust to the big tank under my watchful eye and the tank sitter will have one less tank to feed.

Tex I did not do anything different in my QT procedures. I just have to make sure their food is small enough for them to eat.