My 29 gallon QT/Hospital Tank

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Finally the eight weeks are over!!! Today is the day!!! :dance:

Here are a few pics of the release back into the 120 reef :D:snshne: :alien: :whstlr:

"Cleopatra" the female picasso
200712248weektreatmentover001.jpg

"Dr. Pepper" the achilles tang
200712248weektreatmentover003.jpg

"Caesar" the male picasso (how sweet of the female to come greet him! :) )
200712248weektreatmentover004.jpg

Neon goby #1 (fast little bugger)
200712248weektreatmentover005.jpg

"Amy" the Citron goby
200712248weektreatmentover006.jpg

"Cupid" the Copperband butterfly
200712248weektreatmentover007.jpg

Neon goby #2
200712248weektreatmentover008.jpg

"Ace" the Alleni damsel
200712248weektreatmentover011.jpg

Woodstock

RS STAFF
My achilles tang is showing signs of ICH now that it is back in the reef..
:cry1: :cry1: :cry1:

Woodstock

RS STAFF
I am just watching. Maybe the ICH strain will not be very strong and won't bother the fish too much...

Meanwhile I have purchsed new fish that are in the QT. *sigh* I should have waited longer before buying fish :smck:

Murphy is really wearing out his welcome here:smirk:

Woodstock

RS STAFF
A few pics of the new fish in QT

Yellow coris wrasse
20080101Newfish003.jpg

Flame hawkfish
20080101Newfish004.jpg

Yellow headed sleeper goby
20080101Newfish007.jpg

Woodstock

RS STAFF
LOL
he was sitting on the sponge prefilter which is near the bubbling return of the AquaClear filter.

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Here we go again~~

Okay.. after much deliberation and hours and hours of reading I have come to the conclusion to do it again...

Fact - my fish have ICH and possibly amyloodinium or brooklynella
Fact - all fish in the display have been exposed and are now carriers
Fact - the tank must be left fallow to starve out the parasites

I am not the type of person to just sit and wait. I am proactive and very persistent. I have decided to keep my original goals of having a parasite free reef tank and fish... so.. I have once again removed all the fish and will treat them in the hospital tank using copper. If one or more begin showing signs of a parasite during the copper treatment then it is probably brooklynella and they will all receive daily formalin dips.

Looking back, I did add corals to my tank during the fallow period. That must have brought in the parasites again.

So... here we go again....

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Over the last month, I lost the yellow headed sleeper goby and the yellow coris wrasse :( :( The goby never really ate and just wasted away and the coris wrasse found its way into the overflow and got stuck in the sponge filter :( :(

...But the other fish are doing fine. THey have been in the hospital tank for almost 4 weeks now and have already finished a two week cupramine treatment.

20080105019.jpg

lcstorc

Sorry about the losses but you have some adorable fishies there. Cupid and Dr Pepper look fabulous in their temporary home.

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Thanks Lynn. If I decide to get another goby, I'll add some silica sand to help encourage it to eat.
I really miss the yellow coris wrasse. It had a great personality. It was very active and gregarious.
I should have been more careful with it. At night it would snug up between the outside corner of the overflow box and the glass tank to sleep. If I decide to get another one, I will definately put some gutter guard around the overflow teeth.
But when I finally get these guys back into the reef, I don't think I'll feel like QT'ing anything for a while.

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
But when I finally get these guys back into the reef, I don't think I'll feel like QT'ing anything for a while. Oh really lol, you got a fish jones as big as Ahab, you know you waannnnaaaa:fishy: :fishy: :fishy: :fishy: :fishy: :fishy: :fishy: :fishy: :fishy: :fishy: :fishy: :woody: