Mushrooms are taking over....

RedSea_New59

After a tank crack and the loss of my previous aquarium, I got this setup from a fellow reefer and added his rock and coral to my rock and coral. Two months later I have a LOT of mushrooms. Please take a look at the pic and let me know if I need to harvest some of these to sell, or if they are a danger to my tank or if they are fine where they are. It is a Red Sea 34 (130D) gallon tank. They are above the xenia and the left of the leather coral in the pic. Please advise and much appreciated.

Attachments

• mushrooms1.jpg
    mushrooms1.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 21

DaveK

This is a tough call. On one hand lots of people would love to have a nice growth of mushrooms like that. On the other, mushrooms can sometimes really take over a tank.

I'd say that you can let them go as long as they do not encroach on other corals you want or as long as you have nothing else to put there.

If you need to get rid of some, you can give, trade, or sell them to others or your LFS.

Nobbygas

I've answered my own question. Yes, Aipstasia X will kill Mushrooms. Just squirt a small amount into the middle of the Mushroom and it'll be gone by the next day ! Simple.

Hi I had many in a 12 gallon tank.i have a video of the mother queen killing another type of Ricordea then over the years moved and left many offspring cannot download video but here is a picture they look alike.

Attachments

• AFBF8291-26DC-452A-A22B-2390D53BE739.jpeg
    AFBF8291-26DC-452A-A22B-2390D53BE739.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 9