Moving taking apart and building a new tank

bskinn77

Ok so I am moving in about a week and am planning on building a whole new setup at my new house. My question is that I would really like to keep some of my current corals but currently my live rock and even some of my corals are COVERED with vermetid snails and do not want these in my new build. My thoughts right now are to frag some of the corals I want to keep onto plugs and then pretty much kill off anything thats on the rocks and start from scratch. Does anyone have any other ideas on any other good ways to go about this?

I've battled them before and ended up frying my rock with double than normal salinity levels, I had about 120lbs though (not ideal). Depending on the size of you tank, and amount of live rock, I'd probably try dealing with the vermetids first, before trying anything too drastic. BigAl07 suggested super glue gel over the opening their shell, in a thread last week sometime. Good Luck

Robzilla

If you can move your current setup, keep that one up and running and start the new tank with all dry rock and let other cycle.