moving my anemone along

W Churchill

Since I got my anemone (6 weeks ago) it sat in one place for about 4 weeks but moved itself about 2 weeks ago, for the last 2 weeks it has sat on my polyps.

I figured it may move again but hasn't, I'm concerned my polyps may not recover if and when the anemone does move, but have hesitated moving the thing along since it seems more than happy where it is and may simply return if I do move it.

Should I try moving it along or should I bite the bullet and accept the loss of my polyps.

W Churchill

I've heard if you point a power head at the nem, it may convince it to move.

I really don't think this one would take that much moving, I've heard the same about pointing a powerhead at them (in fact I was told if you do it right it will stop them from moving) but don't think a powerhead would be necessary to move this one along, he's 3/4 in the sand and the other 1/4 is over the polyps which I doubt he has a real good grip on.

My issue as I see it is not being able to move him but whether I should.

lcstorc

He is likely to move right back. They will go where they will go. I wouldn't to move him if he is attached. If it is not attached then you could.

funkpolice

I guess it depends how much you like your polyps, and whether or not they are going to defend themselves. When you say polyps, what exactly are you referring to?
bill

W Churchill

I ended up moving him along a little. My plan now is to move the other stuff and see if he'll settle in one place and then plan everything around him, but I suppose he can always up and move again some day.