Moray Eel Video

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
I thought this was AMAZING (YouTube video) and wanted to share in case some of you have not already seen it.
Here's the YouTube video [video=youtube_share;BegIFSVYhsg]http://youtu.be/BegIFSVYhsg[/video]

She talked in another version of this same dive about how she had visited this eel once a year for several years before it came out to greet her. She said she even missed a year or two but the eel still seem to remember her. :)

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Now I found the one with the story she tells:
[video=youtube_share;3IQ2I-P8Ucw]http://youtu.be/3IQ2I-P8Ucw[/video]

Oxylebius

Sorry to burst your moray story bubble, but it is just a matter of time before an accidental bite. The eel is obviously used to human interaction and humans feeding it. I've had the same experience with morays off Catalina Is. who were used to human divers feeding them daily. They get real friendly when they know they will get food and won't be harmed in the process.

SantaMonicaHelp

RS Sponsor
Sorry to burst your moray story bubble, but it is just a matter of time before an accidental bite. The eel is obviously used to human interaction and humans feeding it. I've had the same experience with morays off Catalina Is. who were used to human divers feeding them daily. They get real friendly when they know they will get food and won't be harmed in the process.

That's quite scary actually... I'd certainly wouldn't mess with one... My scuba instructor taught me to never mess with marine life...

sirrealism

Did anyone see the other vid like this "With someone else" who made a bond like this until one day when feeding the eel it bit to far and got his hand? The biggest issue is there teeth face back so they cannot release any bite. The guys hand looked like ground beef. The guy claimed it was not the eel trying to eat his hand but that he could not let go and he had to push his hand in father in to release it and of course the eel was trying to get away. This eel was not as big as the one in this vid. The guy was feeding his eel hot dogs i think.