mikes Red Sea max 130 adventure

Mjcj34g

image_zps7bb4523f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

And so the addiction begins!!!!!!

Mjcj34g

And it's official, I don't have to use the filtered water dispenser on the refrigerator to make water any longer!:whstlr:

Ludington

Welcome to RS.Just a thought but I know it works and is very easy to do if you are a do it yourselfer.Radio shack sells a fan that can be used for computer,entertaiment centers,pretty much anything.It's very easy to install.It mounts flush and depending on which way u decide to mount it,it will push or pull the air.The one I used is about 4x4 inches square and 2 1/2 inches thick.All you need to do to wire it is to get a cord from anything.I used an old extension cord.So it was long enough to go from the hood to the plug.Cut the socket end off the cord and solder,or twist and wire nut the two wires to the two wires sticking out of the fan.....Plug it in and yr done.The hardest thing about this is cutting the hole for the fan to mount to.I used a hole saw that goes in a cordless drill.I think it was a three incher.I really hope this helps you or gives you an idea.The fan is so quiet u wont believe it.....Once again welcome and be safe today we need our fingers.......

Ludington

Welcome to RS.Just a thought but I know it works and is very easy to do if you are a do it yourselfer.Radio shack sells a fan that can be used for computer,entertaiment centers,pretty much anything.It's very easy to install.It mounts flush and depending on which way u decide to mount it,it will push or pull the air.The one I used is about 4x4 inches square and 2 1/2 inches thick.All you need to do to wire it is to get a cord from anything.I used an old extension cord.So it was long enough to go from the hood to the plug.Cut the socket end off the cord and solder,or twist and wire nut the two wires to the two wires sticking out of the fan.....Plug it in and yr done.The hardest thing about this is cutting the hole for the fan to mount to.I used a hole saw that goes in a cordless drill.I think it was a three incher.I really hope this helps you or gives you an idea.The fan is so quiet u wont believe it.....Once again welcome and be safe today we need our fingers.......

Mjcj34g

I appreciate the DIY idea for the fan. This is going to go hood less as soon as I receive my awesome winnings from reef radiance. With LED's hanging from above and no hood I have to believe my heat issues will be solved. I also want to remove the rim from around the top of the tank. I saw this done on another form and thought it looked great. Just haven't decided if this is the route I want to take just in case I decide to go back to stock.

Mjcj34g

A box showed up at my front door today.

And in it was a bunch of little baggies.

In those baggies was some acans and zoos,

And some rics and shrooms!

Unfortunately the red brittle star didn't survive the trip..........

Mayja

Social Media Moderator
RS STAFF
Sorry to hear about the brittle star, but some of those pieces look really nice! Did you coral dip before putting into your DT?

Mjcj34g

All new corals are looking pretty good so far except for one of my new rics. He decided not to stay attached to the frag plug he came on and has vanished somewhere in the rockscape.

Mjcj34g

image_zpsc210404e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

image_zps0dc2d7af.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

image_zpsf708190d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
image_zps0817e21d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
image_zps255d2e15.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
image_zps3447de09.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The new LED's are here and installed! The only complaint so far is from the wife dept. she really liked the way the hood looked on the tank. Not real big on the lights hanging from the ceiling.
But that's ok cause me and the kola dog are digging em!!!!!

Willie McDaries

looks awesome, it'll take some getting used to with not having the hood on there but gas exchange will be much better now, beautiful pup too

Mjcj34g

looks awesome, it'll take some getting used to with not having the hood on there but gas exchange will be much better now, beautiful pup too

I'm ok without the hood I think. I saw another RSM with the rim cut off and it looked great. I may take that route?
Thanks on the pup. She's pretty awesome!