mikes Red Sea max 130 adventure

Mjcj34g

Ok, so I am new to reef sanctuary but not new to SW. I have had several tanks over the years. As a teenager I had freshwater tanks with cichlids and of course piranha. Then graduated to discus and angel fish. As my finances increased so did my interest in SW tanks. I started with a 55gal tank with a wet/dry, protein skimmer, power heads, fluorescent lighting and lots of live rock. I managed to lose interest as I started to have kids and they of course took priority. Well about 5 years ago I decided it was time to get back into the fish world and bought a RSM130. I figured it was a complete system and easy enough to handle. The last couple of years I lost interest in this as well. Maybe a little A.D.D. My wife says. Recently I have decided it was time to stop letting the tank go to waste. So here's what I have decided to add after reading some post on here.

Added the following:
Tunze 9002
Intank media rack
Pump upgrade
RSM skimmer upgrade
Eichem? Heater
Koralia X2

I seem to be having temp issues so I plan to add a chiller later down the road. I'm going to try a fan idea I have for the hood first. I will be adding pics later, when I can, of the tank in its prime and as its progresses on this second round of interest.

Thanks for reading my babbling and any suggestions to make this old RSM better will be greatly appreciated.

Mike.

ReefingFun

:welcomera!

Loads of RSM owners here so you'll get all the help you'll need I think.

Seems like a good list to me. Specially like the intank media rack and skimmer upgrade (planning to do the same soonish).
Interested to see your fan modification for the hood! Pics when you're gonna do it please :thumbup:

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Hi Mike

welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Start a tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along, we love pics :dance:

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Hello Mike :wave: Glad you joined us here at Reef Sanctuary!
All your mods to the tank sound like good ones to make your tank successful.
I added a chiller to my RSM 250 for peace of my mind during hot summers here. I'm loving the consistent temp readings.
Look forward to watching your progress & seeing pictures you post. :D
BEST WISHES :biker

Mjcj34g

how do i add pictures? i found one of my tank from a couple of years agaoo and would like to show current pics as well.........

Mjcj34g

4-10-12RSM_zpsa3792bc5.jpg

and here it is currently.............kinda sad but it is on the up swing.:yup:
plus i really like the way it looks now with the black sand.

Mjcj34g

The tunze protein skimmer, media basket, pump upgrade and CUC have been added! I will post pics in the morning! Lookin good.

Mjcj34g

CUC hard at work, tunze hard at work and only a few days int the tank. love the media rack so far. thanks to this forum i hope to have a much better set up then i had a few years back. outlook is positive!!! :geekin:

fullviewRS_zpsec4b136d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
mediarack2_zps438dea9d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
tunze2_zps9d2f6272.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
CUC2_zps95d24768.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
CUC1_zpsf44c6ad5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Hi Ershaddy

welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Start a tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along, we love pics :dance: