HELP! Micro bubbles!

bazmackem

I've done a 20% water change this morning in my rsm130 and ever since there are loads of micro bubbles! I'm running an AFM skimmer and it has a jeboa pump.... The skimmer I'm still trying to get it to run right (it is more submerged than usual so I can close lid, and still overflows the cup often!!) but it's always seemed to be skimming. The pump has been fine. Has anyone else had bubble issues after a WC!??

sacktheqb65

Its usually from not having quite the same amount of water. I would guess the gate on the skimmer is a little high or else the amount of water in the tank is a little low

bazmackem

Its usually from not having quite the same amount of water. I would guess the gate on the skimmer is a little high or else the amount of water in the tank is a little low
Thanks
The tank is filled up to the bottom of the rim and the back chamber seems high!?

DaveK

On thing you can try is to turn off the skimmer for a few min and see if the micro bubbles go away. If they do the skimmer is the problem, if not look for issues with the return pump.

Any pump sucking in air can generate a lot of micro bubbles

bazmackem

On thing you can try is to turn off the skimmer for a few min and see if the micro bubbles go away. If they do the skimmer is the problem, if not look for issues with the return pump.

Any pump sucking in air can generate a lot of micro bubbles
Thanks, will do in the morning. If not the skimmer then does that point to the pump hose then maybe or am I reading this wrong?

DaveK

Usually when you get micro bubbles from a pump, it's on the intake side and sucking air from someplace. On the output side of a pump, you tend to get a leak. However, there are some exceptions.

bazmackem

This morning it didn't seem as bad so hopefully whatever has caused it has died down!

Never a dull moment in this game is there!?

DaveK

Once you get the tank stable, it's amazing how much less work you need to do. It's the start up that is the killer.

bazmackem

Once you get the tank stable, it's amazing how much less work you need to do. It's the start up that is the killer.

Yeah, its not right that I am enjoying something so taxing is it!!? I don't think I have really sat and enjoyed the tank yet - it has been mainly "right what needs doing / can I do next"