Mayja's RSR 450 Reef Adventure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
maybe
http://www.collegehunkshaulingjunk.com/more-services/home-services/hourly-labor

Need some furniture rearranged? We can handle it. Need some heavy items brought down from the attic or up from the basement?We’ve got that covered too.

college-hunks-hauling-junk.png

Mayja

Social Media Moderator
RS STAFF
I have found my first problem...

Here's my problem: the sump compartment is separate from the chiller compartment. The back of the stand is solid behind the sump. The back of the chiller compartment is open. I need to run electrical wiring for heaters, pumps, etc. from the sump to the outlets, but there's no way to do so unless I cut my own hole in the wall between the two compartments.

Why didn't they think of that?

Mayja

Social Media Moderator
RS STAFF
Why not just cut a hole in the divider between the two sections.
Do I need to bring my MacGyver kit with me ;)

LOL! I think we should be fine. @Hutch has tons of tools and is quite handy. He was mentioning this to me last night before the stand was even constructed and after reviewing the already built cabinet and other diagrams I realized that he's thinking further ahead than I am.

Mayja

Social Media Moderator
RS STAFF
The tank looks awesome in place. Now the fun really begins [emoji4]

Yeah, I know. We've got to spec out the wiring and plumbing for all the components, possibly drill holes in the cabinet, then actually plumb it, test it, add rock/sand, then add water. Then we get to figure out how to hang the lights and program the Reef Angel.

Pat24601

Thank you @StirCrayzy for coming over last night and helping move the tank onto the stand. You and @Hutch were awesome!

e7478cf2b743b95265a667259123101b.jpg

I did take video:

This gives @StirCrayzy proof that he did in fact help move a tank last night and didn't just drink beer while talking about tanks. :cheers:

Impressive. Well done to @StirCrayzy and @Hutch!

Who needs 4 people when you have the strength of an ox!

Mayja

Social Media Moderator
RS STAFF
:crowd:Happy 40th Birthday to me!:crowd: The tank is in the house, but with all the celebrations of my b-day, I haven't worked on plumbing it. Plus, we have house guests coming to stay with us on Wednesday! It feels like I'm never going to get this done.

My folks bought me the new Maxspect Gyre F150 for the new tank! Woot!

May the 4th be with you!

Status
Not open for further replies.