MAX LED Lighting

Choff

I would bet my lunch money there will not be a conversion kit. There will be a replacement hood.

...stupid auto correct

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
If I don't get an RS tank with LED I'm going to retrofit one with GHL Mitras. Not the cheapest light on the market but WOW! I'd just have to figure out the best way to "shoe horn" it into a hood because I'm not ready to give up the nice clean "Enclosed" look I'm used to with my RSM 130D.

Mdk16

IMO RS should offer a complete retro for the S-series as they advertised the original system as upgradable in the future. They would sell a lot more of them also. I'm not interested as I'm pleased with my led mod but would be disappointed if they made their customers by an entire new fixture. These fixtures are heavy duty and very well designed. Looks great too.

blackbeltmom

PREMIUM
The switch to radions looks appealing, but man are they expensive.
And i've looked into the pro's & the xr30w, and i still have no idea what the difference is.
I need the layman's explanation.

I went with the XR30W Gen 2. As close as the lights will be to the water I am not sure it is worth the money to go with the Pro. You could always upgrade later, if you decide you wanted to. Below are some of the differences.

In the Gen 3, the XR30W has a max par of 900
• Cool White: 8 Cree XT-E (40W)
• Deep Blue: 6 Osram Oslon Square (24W)
• Blue: 8 Cree XP-E (24W)
• Green: 4 Cree XP-E Green (14W)
• Hyper Red: 4 Osram Oslon SSL (12W)
• Indigo: 4 SemiLEDs (10W)
• UV: 4 SemiLEDs (10W)

The Pro has a max par of 1100
• Cool White: 8 Cree XP-G2 (40W)
• Deep Blue: 8 Osram Oslon Square (40W )
• Blue: 8 Cree XP-E (24W)
• Green: 4 Cree XP-E (14W)
• Hyper Red: 4 Osram Oslon SSL (12W)
• Yellow: 2 Osram Oslon SSL (6W)
• Indigo: 4 SemiLEDs (10W)
• UV: 4 SemiLEDs (10W)

Mark9

Has been struck by the ban stick
Thanks for that explanation. Looks like the pro is slightly more blue, which i may prefer.
I keep seeing these for sale used, but still around $1000 for 2.

Choff

The diff from the pros to the reg in gen3 is not as big as gen2. The gen2 pros had uv where the reg did not. Like mark said, more deep blue and some yellow separates them now. I wouldn't pay the difference now. The amount of blue can be adjusted . Just the extreme ranges would be impacted.

Joeys Tank

Yes, when Red Sea was asked about LED kits for their tanks, the response was "we believe 2015 will be a great year".

Lexinverts

I wouldn't hold your breath. They seem busy spreading the news about the new Red Sea Reefer line of tanks right now.

adamsfour

Okay it time for another round of a update. I know we are all told check the newsletter and there has been nothing but the eyes of March are here and I spent another 200 dollars for T5 bulbs. So can you through us a bone and gives us an update either here or in the newsletter