Max E260 Upgrades

Farmacy

Hello, I would like to get some different opinions on some upgrades for my new tank. I would like to keep the current system and not upgrade to the sump. (the reason why I bought this was because it didn't have a sump). I'm looking to do a mixed reef with mostly LPS and some SPS eventually once established. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Please note: any upgrades will have to fit in the overflow compartment. Thanks!

Attachments

• tank.jpg
    tank.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 34

Sharkbite73

I've got a heater, and filled up my media rack with ceramic and red sea rock off cuts. No room for anything else :( I do have an auto top up though straight in to a barrel of RO.

DaveK

Since this is a new tank, I wouldn't make any changes to it for a long time. Learn how the off the shelf system works before you try to improve it. More than a few have actually made their system worse by messing with it.

Save your money on a controller until you have figured out what you want to control. The water parameters a typical controller can monitor are very limited and don't come close to what you need to measure. Controllers can be a nice addition and they have their place, but they also have limits and can be expensive to purchase. Also, many products today can be obtained with a web enabled controller or monitor that is built in, so a conventional controller is not needed for that function.

SPR

Without a sump, there isn't much room in a Max E 260 to upgrade anything unless you want things hanging out all over the place like a science experiment.

It's designed as an all in one system and apart from controllers I can't see were you could add anything. The skimmer I assume, is purpose built to fit were it fits as it's very tight in there.

I ran it for 2 months before upgrading to 650 and it does work well out of the box once you have dialled it all in and get used to how it all works etc. I wouldn't bother fiddling around with it to much.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Pretty scape - great start !

index.php

welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members

Start a tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along, we love pics :nessie:

Farmacy

I'm having some issues with heat during the summer. My water temp is getting up to 82 degrees. Is there a fan you guys would recommend that clips on the back and fits nicely? I've found a few different options but none will fit... =(