Max C 250 - do controllers Apex/Reefkeeper work with our Max C 250 lights?

Salty150

Just wondering if controllers like the Apex or Reefkeeper work with out Max C-250 lights...?

I am guessing... no... :dunno:

Danreef

Just wondering if controllers like the Apex or Reefkeeper work with out Max C-250 lights...?

I am guessing... no... :dunno:

Any of those controller will work with the RSM max lights. They are just standard on/off fixtures with a timer. The timer will be the controller.

Curiosity: Why are you asking this ? An why you guessed NO ?

Salty150

Any of those controller will work with the RSM max lights. They are just standard on/off fixtures with a timer. The timer will be the controller.

Curiosity: Why are you asking this ? An why you guessed NO ?

Are you sure...?

I am talking about the function on the Apex or Reefkeeper that slowing/gradually turns the lights on in the morning to simulate sunrise and slowly/gradually turns the lights off at night to simulate sunset - and then slowly turns on the lunar lights at night...

reefer gladness

You're asking about dimming capabilities which is slightly different. The basic function of a controller is to switch AC plugs ON or OFF.

The real question here is whether the RSM has dimmable T5 ballasts and I'm nearly certain the answer is no. Maybe a dimmable T5 ballast could be retro-fitted in there, you could try researching dimmable T5 ballasts that will work with the RSM.

RedSeaKev

RS Sponsor
Ok Folks, for clarity, the Ballasts used in Max aquariums are not dimmable, in the Max 130 range 130/D ? C there is a single twin ballast, on the Max 250 & C models we have 3 x twin 39watt ballast powered so that all 3 ballasts fire at the same time, comprehensive re wiring would be required to alter the lighting sequence. with the S Series there are 3 separate light fittings, again all with twin ballasts so we have 2 x 4 lamps and 1 x 2 Lamps, The S series lighting units all have separate power supplies so these could be run on a controller system but only by means of switching on the separate units at different times.

Hope this helps.