Martin's RSM C-130

melvis

Cheers Seed. Kinda wish id gone for 250 but with space limited, a year old tornado of a son and the missus, I'm thanking my luck stars I got the 130 lol.

I'll be following your thread too, always nice to see how others are doing it. Will comment on yours.

Aearin

I wish i got the C-250 also but i'm pretty limited on space!

Looking forward to your pics anyway when you get that tank going!

melvis

Result!

Wasn't expecting this until Monday so a real bonus, looks like I might finally get this tank going soon ffs, lol!

imagejpg1_zps6c15b675.jpg
[/URL]

melvis

Will do Pat - hopefully final push tomorrow, in getting the tank on the actual stand lol.

Been thinking today and wondered what others think is the best filtration to run in the media rack. I've got the stock carbon ready to go in, but wasn't sure if there's a better way of doing things, like Purigen for example? Would appreciate any advice on best methods and things to use.

Also, is the Red Sea Reef Mature Kit worth it as well?

Cheers

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
one way... run the stock carbon while cycling then when livestock is added after the cycle, switch to cpe & purigen

melvis

I used the reef mature kit to cycle my tank and I thought it was great. £20 odd but you guaranteed a sure cycle and i found it really accurate.

Yeah I've heard it's pretty good and if others on here rate it, seems a goer. Unexpected but welcome trip to LFS planned for later then. :jumprope:

melvis

Perfect, cheers all.

My sister decided to pop over this morning and wanted directions for how to get to all the nurseries near us (to buy a small tree). Knowing her sense of direction, I decided to physically take her there....via the LFS!!! :dance:

imagejpg1_zpsb8816154.jpg
[/URL]

melvis

This afternoon has been productive.....:thumber:

imagejpg1_zpsd45c059d.jpg
[/URL]

Some work still to do regarding sorting the cables out underneath and round the back...

imagejpg2_zps27c8e156.jpg
[/URL]

Those wires will drive me nuts - especially when the Tunze gets added too. Been thinking about a way of using the spare power centre ports for this, but will need thinking cap on and I can't find it right now! lol

Gotta give the missus credit, she gave me the time to sort it today and helped with a few bits.

Impressed with build on whole system, feels really good compared to a couple of cheaper models I looked at during the research phase. Instructions are a bit vague at times, but common sense prevailed.

That said, not amused to find one of the T5's was broken when removed from its packaging box. Will be emailing Red Sea ASAP to see what they will do, don't fancy shelling out for a new tube when I've not even switched this one on.

Time for a beer! :clink:

Joeys Tank

Looking good. Hopefully you don't get too much algae growth on the left side of the tank due to the doorwall letting in light and that the water evaporation doesn't mess too much with the temp readings on your thermostat.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Beautiful !

on the T5 bulb you can be assured, anything that breaks in the 1st year will be replaced free of charge and right away, they will get you one coming

Aearin

Looking good mate, have you bought all your rock etc yet? When I forked out £800 for the tank I was having palpitations at spending that much, forgetting that the rock/sand/initial fill would mount up as much as it did also!

I've just forked out for some Purigen and CPE also which wasn't cheap either! Are you planning on changing the filter media? Everyone seems to recommend them.

I'm debating the ATO, my tank is placed opposite a window which was a bad idea and I'm getting some crazy evaporation

melvis

Thanks for info/advice Joeystank...I'm now having doubts about where I've located the tank, but really don't have any other viable location - not without majorly changing the house layout. The window/door where it's located is thankfully not subject to direct sunlight and also some thick curtains that normally hang on the side (out of photo shot) of the window near the tank.

Have emailed Red Sea about the bulb, hopefully all gets sorted.

Aearin, everything is all bought mate and I totally get where you're coming from. On top of the £850 for the tank, I've done £200 in live rock plus the live reef sand, testing kits, refractometer, water jugs, reef mature kit, Tunze ATO etc etc. Jeez, I'm touching £1500 nearly...and getting close to having to give in and let the missus get a Pug! lol

I'm taking nanoreefing4fun's advice and running the stock carbon during the cycling process and will then switch out for Purigen and CPE. From what I'm hearing on the ATO, it's the way to go for sure.

melvis

Cheers Seed.

Should be picking up my live rock and water on Thursday morning so hopefully something a bit more exciting to report towards the end of the week. Contacted Red Sea re the broken T5 and they were straight on the case. Just waiting to hear next steps.

Still got the ATO to fit, just got to decide where in the rear sump I locate it - which judging by others, will more than likely be on back right (if looking from the front) above the pump. Unless anyone has a better suggestion?

Seed

Cheers Seed.
Still got the ATO to fit, just got to decide where in the rear sump I locate it - which judging by others, will more than likely be on back right (if looking from the front) above the pump. Unless anyone has a better suggestion?

Cool. I'll be following closely. Next up is the ATO for me as well and need some ideas/help on how to do that. Never used or wired up an ATO before.