Marine tank troubles and missing fish

Charlielola

Hi all,

We have had a biorb 60l marine tank with the same 2 clown fish and live rock for the last 10 years. A serpentine starfish has been with us for about 8 years. We’ve had a few shrimps and several crabs along the way, which are all gone now (maybe last crab died around six months ago - just haven’t got round to replacing).

Tonight one of the clowns is missing - no where to be seen or found. They were both there this morning. While looking for him, I was able to get a good look at the starfish, who usually just lives under the rocks and comes out every now and then. It looks like the starfish is missing an arm, and there is a white blob on the end. Another, intact, arm also seems to have a white smaller blob on the end. There is also a newcomer to the tank - a greyish worm approx 4cm long and 0.5 cm wide - possibly a piece of starfish arm but it’s alive! Any ideas what’s happening to the tank?
Should I be able to find the missing clown? What might the white blobs be on the starfish? Do they just lose arms after so long?

I can’t do water check levels have having some building work done on the house and everything is inaccessible this week. Any ideas or advice will be much appreciated!