HELP! Mantis shrimp

james9nb

I'm trying to buy a Gonodactylus smithii but I'm having no luck is there anyone that has one they no longer want or know were I can get one ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaveK

This is going to be something where you need to keep looking until you find one. They are not something your going to see everyday at your LFS, or even online. Many online stores will let your sign up for an email notification to let you know when it's in stock.

Also consider that there may be several other species of mantis shrimp that you'll be happy with. If so, look for one of them also.

Squatch XXL

They come and go at the stores, and as @DaveK mentioned they are not something any LFS usually wants.

It is well worth putting an order in with your LFS. If they are not comfortable with this idea, find a new LFS or bribe them with beer or gift cards. See if there is a DOA guarantee with the Mantis IF you pick it up right from the bag at the store.

I waited about 4 months for the right peacock, and it died after a year. I wish I had gone with something smaller and more interactive.