Mangroves, Gracilaria, Chaeto for a Penny and New Free Shipping Info

johnmaloney

Under the macroalgae section of our website you will find a mini refugium pack for sale that consists of one red mangrove, one refugium gracilaria, and a chaeto and a sprouted black mangrove. Limited Supply, 1 per customer. There is only 11 left as I post this.

We also have free Priority Mail shipping available for orders over $50. With macro algae season just around the corner this should be a good thing. By the way, the red gracilaria right now is awesome.

johnmaloney

well we always have deals going on....tank cycling takes forever doesn't it? I hear if you don't watch it it goes slower though, so you might as well get comfortable. :)

Clownfish518

Razorback
PREMIUM
Hey John,

The order finally got here today. After 5 days in transit, everything seems to have made it through all right. I floated the bags for almost an hour as the heat pack was very cold.

When I opened the bag with the snails, there were no funky smells. I added the snails to the tank, and it looks like all have moved by now.

The only thing that looks poorly is the red gracilaria. It looks like all the red pigment was in the bag in the water, and it is looking very limp. I have it in my refugium seeing if it will come back to life. The mangroves look fine. All's well as ends well.

Thanks for the service. I am hoping macro algae season starts up soon.

BTW, I have about 5 Pencillus shaving brushes growing in my tank - quite a welcome hitchhiker. Several people have told me that they have had problems growing your manatee grass. Well, my oar grass and shoal grass did not thrive, but the manatee is doing just fine. It has spread to all corners of the tank.

No more priority mail for me!

johnmaloney

they usually have different requirements...hard to keep them both without shading the oar grass a bit..most people do better with that, it doesn't need the substrate as much either. manatee grass is a little more substrate dependent...but that is a long topic i have posted on other occasions. email me so i know who you are and can look into the shipment.