Making your first post

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlassMunky

Whats up Guys? I've been into fish for a while now with some freshwater tanks and recently decided to turn my 29G into Saltwater. Still have the 2 freshwater, a 55G mixed tank with kill fish, loachs, knife fish and butterly fish. and a 75G corner Cichlid tank. I'm instantly hooked on SW though. i'm sure once the freshwater fish go it wil be converted. =) Being my first venture in SW any tips or advice, please let me know. as far as for the SW tank I've got: pair of small false perc clowns, 1 blue damsel, 1 red lip blenny, 1 firefish, 1 small 4-legged serpent starfish, 1 pink and green sea cucumber, 1 small arrow crab, 2 pepermint shrimp, some hermits, 1 small leather tree coral, Green Star Polyps, 1 small blue mushroom.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

estrellitas

Long time lurker here. Just posted a new thread (on my B&W clown's facial/eye injury) and a reply (feeding a mandarin/dragonet) tonight, so thought I should give an intro.

I actually fell into reefkeeping because someone left a nasty 75G tank at my house. It was sold and left at our house to be picked up 2 wks later and it never happened (someone was moving out of the country and sold their tank to this person - who never picked it up).

Tank had LOTS of digusting-ness:
photo.jpeg

and as of last month now looks like this:

IMG_3637.JPG

I want to be a responsible reefkeeper - not just caring and cleaning, but also supporting sustainable practices and more holistic and natural solutions to problems (versus chemical interventions). I've taught myself a lot, but those darn books don't have everything I need to know; most learning comes from other peoples' experiences. So I look forward to learning from others and maybe being able to contribute something.

ghostwolf

Hi, everyone! It has been 3 years since I have posted or even been into Reef Sanctuary. But there was a good reason....I just graduated from MUW in Columbus, MS. Not only did I do 4 yrs in 3, I did it with honors. I guess this proves that you are never too old.

I am hoping to get back into the swing of things here at the Sanctuary, but first I wanted to say hello. I will be going through posts (recent only...not a glutton for punishment...LOL)

Hope to talk to everyone, previous friends and potential new ones alike!

We still have the 120 gallon reef setup...hoping to upgrade to at least a 200 when I get a job (hopefully Shreveport, LA) and we get settled in a new home.

Lin

hey everyone, ok so apparently i made my first post already but i cant find it. i just realized that i had to reply (i think) but anyways im a new member with an 8 gallon biocube and lots of questions.

hey ladies and gents. : ). i have a 29g regular biocube with oceanic protein skimmer. 30lb of live rock assorted zoos,funky green mushrooms, 3'' Derasa Clam,neon star,anemone for my gold striped maroon clown and a couple other things.

one early question, im in the process of slowly setting up a 40g breeder and i wanted to know if a 36" SunPod 2x250w14k-HQI (500w) light would be to much for the slightly shallow tank.

blennielove

Hello Everyone!
I've been reading and learning from this site for several months now and yikes - can't believe I haven't made my first post...
Well here it is.
I have five reef tanks: two 6 gallon nanos, a 20 gallon, 28 gallon, and "the" 210 which I've had set up since 9/09 and have had a long battle with Cryptocaryon irritans since 11/09 - I think we are winning the battle now, thanks to this site and Leebca!

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
This question is often asked - Usually how long until my first post shows up?

The answer is ... Your first post is approved immediately and will show up, unless your post has a link or photo in it

If your 1st few post have links or photos in them, they will be reviewed and approved by a moderator as soon as possible.

Uelrindru

Hello all! I'm new to this whole fish keeping thing but my father kept freshwater fish all the time and has a ginormous tank at home. I thought I'd go saltwater since there are a lot of fun things you can get for a salt water tank and it's different.
I'll ask a TON of questions at first but I learn fast and help when I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.