Lynn's 90 gallons of Sunshine

lcstorc

Now you have me paranoid even more about possible parasites. The anthias are showing no signs of a problem but that really doesn't mean anything.
That makes it a lot more difficult. Which is worse? Stressing her out by moving her to qt or leaving her in the tank to fight the parasite on her own? I'll re-read Lee's threads to see if there is a way to get a better idea and if there is an in-tank treatment that I could try.
Sunshine has been with me over a year and Moonshine was added in October of 08 so they have both been in the tank for some time.
Moonshine did move closer but that was a bit ago so I would think she would have reacted more quickly. He also stays doesn't wander to her aread that I can see, but who really knows.
I will of course watch her closely and try a bigger variety of food with extra garlic.

Basile

I will of course watch her closely and try a bigger variety of food with extra garlic.

Garlic???? , i really have to start paying attention on those mixtures you guys are doing for your fishs. I feel like i'm giving my fishes Kmart food here. LOl

bluespotjawfish

Leave her in there.

As for the anthias, there is a pellet food you can buy that treats parasites. I've it periodically in my reef (use only what they will consume, and feed as the only food source). The pellets are a bit big for the Anthias, but you can crush them smaller. I doubt Sunshine would take the pellets right now, so garlic is your friend. I would also try the Marine Max, which is a probiotic and antioxidant. Anytime my guys go off food, I add it (my voodoo potion).

BTW, not eating, skinny, are both signs of parasites.

lcstorc

Well, she is starting to come back to a more normal level. Still not eating as much as I would like but definitely eating. She has also built a new burrow in one of her favorite places and now wakes up at a more normal time.
I'm going to leave her be for now and just watch even more closely than usual.
Basile, For whatever reason garlic can make the food more appetizing. It has also been known to strengthen their immune system.

Basile

Well, she is starting to come back to a more normal level. Still not eating as much as I would like but definitely eating. She has also built a new burrow in one of her favorite places and now wakes up at a more normal time.
I'm going to leave her be for now and just watch even more closely than usual.
Basile, For whatever reason garlic can make the food more appetizing. It has also been known to strengthen their immune system.

Cool; i know i've asked this before but i can't remember where you posted it for me. The food receipe you use, the preparation , i'd like to start making my own. I'll copy it down right away this time lol. Just so you know what i've got and what i will possibly have in my soon to be; God willing, i'm so frustrated by the delay my new tank.

2 clown(transfer in the new tank) replaced by 1 yellow head jawfish
1 Cardinal
1 purple dart fish

Next tank,

2 clown (transfered)+ 1 year later BTA anemone
6 line wrasse
1 Bicolor blenny
not sure yet

lcstorc

Well, there is no true recepie. Lately I have been lazy and feeding a variety of prepared frozen foods rinsed and with garlic and selcon added. When things get really crazy, we may have a flake or pellet meal thrown in as well. The only thing I have found that my fish really won't eat, is the blood worms. Lots of people have success with them, but not me. Rod's food is always in the freezer as well as Cyclopeze and mysis. They almost always get some of those regardless. My mush when I make it, is pretty much any fresh seafood I can get from the market, all ground up in a fish only blender. I tend to go a bit heavier on the shellfish. The main rule is fresh and from the ocean. I have a thread somewhere that I made showing one batch and I know Woodstock has one as well.
Sorry, I only have a sec so I can't look them up right now.

Basile

Well, there is no true recepie. Lately I have been lazy and feeding a variety of prepared frozen foods rinsed and with garlic and selcon added. When things get really crazy, we may have a flake or pellet meal thrown in as well. The only thing I have found that my fish really won't eat, is the blood worms. Lots of people have success with them, but not me. Rod's food is always in the freezer as well as Cyclopeze and mysis. They almost always get some of those regardless. My mush when I make it, is pretty much any fresh seafood I can get from the market, all ground up in a fish only blender. I tend to go a bit heavier on the shellfish. The main rule is fresh and from the ocean. I have a thread somewhere that I made showing one batch and I know Woodstock has one as well.

Ok then thanks , PM me when you have time and give me a link to that thread.

May i get a PM too? I am looking into making a mix for the spoiled brats.

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Oh the life of a BS owner! Isn't it grand! :lol: I'm happy to hear that she is doing better. Are the BSs skittish of the anthias'?

lcstorc

Not really. The tang and the wrasse are more of an issue than the anthias. The anthias stay in the top part of the tank and the blues near the bottom. The tang and wrasse are of course everywhere.
She is acting a lot more normal so perhaps she just didn't fell well or some other thing I will never know.

lcstorc

Sorry Lorraine,
Been a bit crazy around here lately.
Everybody is doing fine even though I accidentally hit Moonshine on the head twice while dropping new rubble for him. He just gave me one of those blue spot looks and spit the rock back out at me.
Sunshine has built herself a pretty big fortress while Moonshine continues to move back and forth between his 3 houses. He just likes to drive me crazy.
Hopefully I will have time for pics soon.