HELP! Lunar Lights Recco Needed

capital1983

Hi all,

I just finished converting my tank from MH & T5 combo lights to LEDs and the difference is amazing! However, the LEDs do not have lunar lights like my other unit had. I am in need of the best lunar lights to attach to my canopy. I do not have an Neptune system, so I am just looking for a strip or individual lights I can plug directly into a timer.

I checked BRS and they have individual lights that would work perfectly but it looks like they just plug into an Neptune system, so I can’t use them.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
31bcacda78463de9acca83057cb52001.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaveK

What kind of LED lighting do you have installed? Many of them can be configured to just run the blue LEDs at a very low setting at night. This is what I do with my lighting, which happens to be AI Hydra 52.

You actually don't need any lunar lights at all. You could just forget about them. If you do want to install some, you can just run them all the time. They will not do much of anything to the daytime lighting, and when the daytime lighting goes off you'll see the lunar lighting.

capital1983

What kind of LED lighting do you have installed? Many of them can be configured to just run the blue LEDs at a very low setting at night. This is what I do with my lighting, which happens to be AI Hydra 52.

You actually don't need any lunar lights at all. You could just forget about them. If you do want to install some, you can just run them all the time. They will not do much of anything to the daytime lighting, and when the daytime lighting goes off you'll see the lunar lighting.
That’s what I heard. I may just go without them. But I do like what they offer as far as spectating and possible benefits for coral spawning. I have 2 ViparSpectra 165s. They have internal timers with only 2 channels (Blue and white). I can’t set the intensity for lunar without changing the whole setting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk