Looking for lighting.

NBrumbaugh

Was thinking about up grading to my 30gal long that I have sitting around. Going to keep my nano tank since it does grow things pretty good. Was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a new light system for my 30gal...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Newjack

There not hard to do yourself if you have the tools, but its cheaper to buy from places like that unless your gonna buy the parts in shipments of bulk like 100 per. And make a buisness out of it

DaveK

LEDs are the "latest and greatest" and the "hot item" right now, and there are a lot of good fixtures out there. However, T5s are far from poor lighting. It's more a question of how much you want to spend up front verses ongoing costs. LEDs generally have higher initial cost and are cheaper to run long term.

Before you select any lighting system, first figure out what you are going to keep in the system. Then select your lighting based upon that. Always select top quality equipment. It will last and you will not end up replacing it. Note that top quality does not mean most expensive.