Long Tentacle Anemone

skinnycow7

Hi! I'm new so I have a lot of questions lol. So we've had our 58 gallon tank running for around 3 months with about 75 lbs of live rock and 4 little damsels to pacify my nephew while it matured, and also a mini carpet that came on one of the rocks and surprisingly has survived this long, well yesterday we decided to stock the tank some more so we got a flame angel, a coral beauty angel, a tomato clown, a scooter blenny, a cleaner shrimp, and also a long tentacle anemone. When we picked him out he looked healthy but when we got him home he was brown and the lady at the store said it was normal with the move, so we put him in our tank and it took him awhile to attach to anything but he finally did but kept inching his way down the rock, she advised us to keep the light off the first day we had him so we just turned the light on this morning and when i got home from work he was looking great, well our power went out about 4 hours ago and almost instantly he like I wouldn't say fell because he's still attached with a quarter of his foot but he's hanging upside down from the rock and barely moving and he's also a little brown again. Also, some of his tentacles are shriveled up and super white, the others are full and a brown color. I'm not exactly sure what he is doing but our fish, except for the clown and one of he damsels, are hiding in the rocks and have been since the power went off, it's like they can't do anything without the tank running. Our mini carpet is shrunk in on itself but he does that whenever it's dark I've noticed, and our star, we also have a chocolate chip starfish I forgot to mention, hasn't been moving much since the power went out either. I put a towel over the tank to try to retain the heat and it's still at 77 so far so it's not too cold yet. I checked ammonia levels yesterday night after about an hour of everyone being in and it was 0. Nitrates were at 20 (we've never been able to get that any lower, any suggestions?), nitrites were 0 which they've always been, and the alkalinity is 1.028. Does anyone have any suggestions for how I can help all of these guys, especially the long tentacle anemone?

skinnycow7

Update: he has officially fell off the rock and he really did just fall, he let go and then rolled down to the bottom where he is now laying on his side with his foot up against a very small rock, too small to attach to, and his mouth up against the base of my rock tower so I can't see what he's doing there. His tentacles are still moving and he's still inflated so is that a good sign? Is he just moving or is something actually wrong?

skinnycow7

Sorry for posting so much, but I just used a pitcher to collect water and dump it back in to aireate the water before I go to bed. He is moving, he is almost on top of the rock that I believed to be too small but lord knows if he'll stay there but I'm just happy he's moving. So is this good? Is he not trying to die on me?

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Start a new tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along - we love pics :)

never had a nem so hopefully others can advise...

some great info here
http://www.karensroseanemones.net/