Livestock Questions

vic

I want to get a feather duster...How hard are they to keep and it says that they need medium water flow....I am not sure what that means...I have a korlia 4 and a maxi1200 on a 55 gallon. I do have a return pump from the sump that is rated at 200+ gallons per hour....Do you have to put these in the substrate, plant them or do they just sit in there....Can or do you dare touch these to get them into the tank without hurting them.

Also i wanted to get a orange sea star and was wondering if this is a good move. I want to get a star fish but i am not sure if I have enough copods or whatever to feed it??? Dont understand some of these creatures that is why i have to ask...I get so much drifferent opinion from the LFS....

Stacef

I have had a few feather dusters. My Coco FD lasted about 8 months, dropped his crown and died shortly after.

I know a lot of people who have kept Coco's and Hawaiians long term though.

You can put them whereever you'd like, sand or rockwork. You can touch them, just don't squeeze, their tubes are soft. You will feel the worm wiggle around when you pick it up.

sambrinar

I have FD all over my tank, I bought a Hawaiin dwarf, It has FD HH on it, check out the second link on my sig and the 2nd to the last page or the last page will have a close up of them..
ahh here... the green one is the Hawaiian

FD3.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Very easy, need no care, but do need a stable Calcium level for their tubes

new reefer 03

medium flow? my dads like low flow... just make it happy for the flow, dont put it right infront of a power head, but dont put it way away from one. mess with it a little until it seams to stay out all the time. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :);)