LiveAquaria Vs. BlueZoo Aquatics.

LiveAquaria, or BlueZoo Aquatics? Which have you used, and would use again?

• BlueZoo.

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • LiveAquaria.

Votes: 13 76.5%
  • I have ordered from both and prefer LiveAquaria.

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • I have ordered from both and prefer BlueZoo.

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

new reefer 03

:sleeping: i am just wonderring which you have had better experience with, liveaquaria, or bluezoo? have you actually orderred from them? did the fish you buy have any health problems, diseases, refused to eat? which would you visit again?

thanks
:sleeping:

joephys

I didn't vote because I haven't actually ordered from either of them (drs foster and smith, but not live aquaria). I do know someone (first hand, not, I know a guy who knew a guy) that had a parasitic beetle sneak in with an order on 100 fresh water fish. The thing killed 2/3's of the fish while in QT and they replaced every single one and refunded the purchase price on the 2/3's that were killed.

joephys

yup, a parasitic beetle. It was a fingernail size black and yellow beetle that attacked and killed fish. It took him and a couple of invert gurus quite some time to figure out that's what it was.

joephys

lol, I didn't specify that did I? That's why you don't post when you have been awake for 26 hours.

Live aquaria. I don't know if it was their fault or not, it probably just hitched a ride with a fish and went un noticed in the 1000's of fish that they probably got when they ordered them from their supplier.

new reefer 03

well, that tells something about them when they refund 75 fish. liveaquaria seems to be pretty good, then bluezoo does too...? :confused:

reefmasta

sounds like a fluke, i really never ordered from any of those stores. i ordered my fish from life oceanic and IMO they have the best quality of fish ive ever seen/bought. net caught cynide free, 2 week quarenteen and the staff was VERY helpfull to any questions i had. just thought i would throw my 2 cent in there =)

seatrueblue

I have ordered from both..they are both good but I prefer bluezoo because every invert and fish I have ordered from them came to me super healthy and eating food right after I put them in the tank. Bluezooaquatics doesn't have the better warranty but it doesn't seem like they need it. The purple long tentacle I have in my avatar is from bluezoo.

new reefer 03

im sorry christina, but you are the one person that voted bluezoo...
what was your experience with liveAquaria? was the fish unhealthy, sick..?

cioutlaw

I have ordered a pair of clowns from Live Aquaria in the past & they came with Brooklynella(Sp). Have to admit they refunded my money with no questions asked. Also ordered a Wrasse & didnt have any problems. I personally prefer to see fish before purchasing them anymore.

rmlevasseur

I too received clowns from LA with brook, and they replaced them. Generally I have been very happy with my fish from LA but not the corals. (Divers Den is the exception). I also placed an order once with BZ and received the same excellent service.

Either is a good choice. Go with the cheaper, unless it is a sensitive critter. Then go with the better warranty.