HELP! Live rock turning white

Matt27

I'm not exactly starting out but I figured I'd post this here for anybody who is and is also experiencing this. I've had a piece of live rock that was in my almost two year old tank that I put into my newly setup tank (about 6 weeks old) 2 or so weeks ago with a good amount of dry rock to seed it. When I put the old piece in it was very colorful and full of life, now it's starting to turn white and I can't figure out why. My water parameters are as follows: Salinity 1.025 PH 8.1 Ammonia is 0 Nitrita is 0 and Nitrate is below 20. My calcium is 500 and alkalinity is 135ppm. I've had diatoms in my tank for about a week and a half but other than that all my CUC and cleaner shrimp are all good. I just did my first water change last week, I'm planning to do another one tomorrow. I've been feeding the CUC every other day with a good size piece of seaweed in there always. My tank is a Red Sea max250, my skimmer has been running for a week and a half and I've had the stock T5 lights on for 5 hours a day for 3 days now. I included pictures.
c007890425c0cad9b9ceac56eec682a1.jpg
971b5780ff1d5ba3921aef044f3fb93e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Uncle99

That white spot looks like what an urchin does to rock. You have an urchin.

135ppm is a bit low

Matt27

That white spot looks like what an urchin does to rock. You have an urchin.

135ppm is a bit low
I do have an urchin but he's not in this tank yet. Those levels are all from what's in the salt, I haven't gotten around to dosing yet because my only coral isn't even in this tank yet.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk