Lights won't turn off on 130D

Nohugs

Hey guys
Ive had my RSM 130D for 2 years now and all of a sudden the lights won't turn off at night time. I normally have it on timer which has worked great. Now no matter what i press the lights won't go off. Including turning off the switch next to the timer. The only way I can turn the lights off is at the switch on the side. But then no moonlight lighting. I'm afraid it will harm the corals? And any fix to getting the lights off?
Thanks

RedSeaKev

RS Sponsor
Hi Nohugs, I am sorry to say this sounds like a faulty timer, there is a micro relay inside and this in your case appears to be stuck, the contacts of the relay come together and pit, this is likely what has happened in your case.

You will likely need to replace the timer, you can down load instructions here http://www.redseafish.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/MAX130-hood-fan-replacement-instructions.pdf that will help disassemble the hood and allow access to the timer for replacement, simply remove the holding screws of the timer before removing any cables, then you can simply remove one cable at a time connecting to the new timer before reassembling.

Nohugs

Sorry guys i havent changed the timer yet. But even if I turn the switch on and off next to the timer at the top the daytime lights still do not turn off. Is this switch just the switch to turn the timer on?

RedSeaKev

RS Sponsor
Sorry guys i havent changed the timer yet. But even if I turn the switch on and off next to the timer at the top the daytime lights still do not turn off. Is this switch just the switch to turn the timer on?

Hi Nohugs, can you confirm please, the switch you are operating is the one mark O & I in the timer ?? the large switch next to the timer is the one for the moon lights, if you are operating the timer rocker switch between the 3 possible positions ( On, Time & Off) then for sure the timer has failed.