Lettuce Nudibranch Breeding Sucess!

SeahorseBT

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I just cleaned out my little breeder type thing (lots of HA, which they do NOT eat) and I only found 3 adults. I'll snap a pic if any one wants to see. I moved them over to my T5 tank and they have grown a lot. Sorry Bob if I get these guys breeding again, I will let you know ok? I will get some bryopsis from work and culture that in a seperate breeder net thing, and keep a steady supply in there. I lost my broodstock, but I knew it was coming because they only really live about 1-2 years.

SeahorseBT

I found a new focusing feature on my cmaera and it makes a world of differance.Here is a juvi chomping on some bryopsis.
Tanks011.jpg

SeahorseBT

No,they don't eat HA, at least they don't eat it at a pace that it will die out. IME they have just rested on it.I put 2 little tufts of HA in their little tank and it grew to fill half the tank before I threw it out. Seahares work great for HA.

BigJay

true but I find them unattractive. When they wouldn't eat the HA was other algae available to them? I wonder if it was there only food source if they would consume it?

SeahorseBT

Neither:That's them in the top left.The seahorses are going in soon.
IMG_5245.jpg

Hows Olive doing?Sorry to hear about the sixline.