Lee's thoughts...

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
I wanted to share Lee Birch thoughs here... on the bsjf & let everyone in the RSM forum know a bit about Lee.

Re: BSJF Sickly Looking
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

These fish do better in old tanks. I don't know how new your new tank is. Most 'new tanks' aren't fish-ready for a couple of months. These fish are best added after 6 months.

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/778229-post26.html

Lee a great resource & has lots of stickies & post in our RS Fish Diseases & Treatments forum.

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/fish-diseases-treatments/

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/fish-diseases-treatments/45723-lees-bio-k-leebca.html

I've been asked on more than few occasions about my background. I'll outline it here for those who are interested:

TIME LINE
1960 My first freshwater aquarium;
1968 My first saltwater aquarium;
1969 to 1973 Ohio State Univ.
1973 to 1982 Working in Microbiological fields
1982 to current Working in metals fields - traveling around the world

NOTEWORTHY FACTS RELATING TO MARINE FISH KEEPING

In the early 1970's I conducted experiments and studies on Marine Ich (Cryptocaryon irritans) and ornamental fish diseases, the use of garlic, the use of antibiotics, the use of dips, acclimation procedures, and fish nutrition.

I specialize in FOWLR system and FO systems. I have handled about 1700+ marine fishes and have learned a lot about their maladies and remedies through experience, necropsy (post mortem) exams, dissection, operations under anesthesia, care, and continued college education. I have attended a few extension courses provided to veterinarians on ornamental fish husbandry and continue to attend extension courses on marine fishes in captivity.

I have degrees in Microbiology and Chemistry from OSU. I was partner of an LFS in Columbus, OH in the early '70's, imported fishes from The Philippines, and helped begin the net-catching practices (to help abolish cyanide collections) there.

I often attend conventions and hobby activities around the world, including but not limited to InterZoo, and marine husbandry organization meetings.

I try to share my knowledge and experience with others to help their fishkeeping practices and the curing of ill marine fishes. I do not publish for renumeration, but will write long posts and informational posts on the Internet. I don't make any money nor accept any money from the hobby in any way, including speaking engagements (although I do accept one meal sometimes), articles, posts, books, etc. I don't have any (financial or business) interest in any equipment, system, food, medication, or product used, sold, or made for the hobby.

I do presentations at club meetings and functions but have never accepted anything other than a dinner for compensation. I avoid making any product recommendations or endorsements unless I think the product is one of a kind and of superior value and I have personally found does what I say it does.

Currently I have a large system consisting of a 180, 300, 100, 150 sump, and a separate 70g QT. No pictures here on Reef Sanctuary, but photos can be found at: Lee's Marine System.

My Internet name is leebca. My name is Lee Birch. (I go by my middle name -- my first name is William). :thumbs:

You can Internet search my name too!

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Lee is amazing. He's forgotten more than many of us will ever know (and I doubt he's forgotten much . . .)