Lee's 125g Basement Bar in-wall tank, LED's, etc, begins...

Lee

nice!im sure you are going to but i would put a piece of plywood under the sump to evenly distribute the weight.that unsupported end looks like a shear point waiting to happen.

Both ends cantilever out a few inches. I can't imagine its any structural risk; that is a 29 gallon tank, so full of water it barely weighs over 200lbs. That amounts to a half a pound per square inch, or about 12 pounds cantilever'd. That's nothing for half inch glass. But if/when I do a larger sump, I'll think of you and build a better support structure. :)

Lee

Looks Great!

And it'd be a shame not to utilize all that area available with larger sump... :)

Yeah... well here's the secret that I didn't share: there will be a sink dead center of the fish tank on the bar, and I haven't run the plumbing yet. Don't ask why; I do things in a strange order sometime, and I'm not looking forward to running the plumbing so I've put it off to the last possible minute. Anyway, I need access to the backside of the bar, so for the time being (and in the interest of moving along the fish tank), I decided to use this 30" tank that I literally had lying around as a temporary sump. I'll probably get something bigger later. I'd like to have a big, 30+ gallon return area of the sump so I can do water changes by simply draining that chamber and never touching the DT

Lee

Fish are in! Hiding, but in. Still need a background, skimmer hasn't arrived yet, and I need another fan because half of my lights aren't on d/t a bad fan.

Yo1jz.jpg

Lee

Excellent color n layout.

....... I'm Matt n im a reefaholic.

Haha, the whole aquascape was done based on "feel." I would have liked to do a cooler layout, but I am working from behind, so I can't see what I'm doing at all... Really makes aquascaping tough not having front access to the tank! I need to set up a video camera pointing at the front of the tank with a small TV behind it so I can see what I'm doing!

The color is good because about 1/3 of the rock is from my 6+ year old tank so its got plenty of coraline

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Really legit man..... I love seeing quality builds..... And you sir have done a great job!

Lee

Amazing job, and why do you have three direct TV controllers? :D

I'm not exactly sure... I have a total of like 5 or 6 DTV remotes somehow. I think that every time I get new equipment, they give me new remotes and don't take the old ones. And I've got a total of 3 DirecTV receivers supplying 5 TV's....

Lee

So I'm looking at getting a clean up crew, as I currently have nothing... Any recommendations? I'm thinking something like 75 Nassarius snails, and some larger ones. Anybody have any recommendations? I've had Astreas before, and they don't seem to do a whole lot, except fall over and die.

Also, I'd prefer not use crabs. The last time there were any crabs in the tank, they murdered almost all of the snails for no reason at all.

Actually speaking of crabs, will NON-hermit crabs murder snails, or just hermits because they like their hats?

redneckgearhead

Non hermits should be fine with your snails. I would get ahold of reef cleaners, they are a sponsor here and have great snails and service. They could recommend a starter package for ya.