Lee's 125g Basement Bar in-wall tank, LED's, etc, begins...

Lee

Getting closer:

Column wrap complete
b66Rj.jpg

anyAc.jpg

YpMqY.jpg

1st coat of stain applied
dAwE2.jpg

Bar top dry fit
aLMW2.jpg

nw9bP.jpg

1st coat of epoxy on bar top
CM6Ei.jpg

O9EBO.jpg

zkmEu.jpg

Left side: Glaze Right side: no glaze
7ccwP.jpg

w9bPy.jpg

goDYV.jpg

TV installed:
QI6pK.jpg

And the project for this weekend is the fish tank! I've got 100 lbs of live rock curing, a sump tank built, plumbing waiting to be installed, and water RODI'ing for the display tank!

engineer goby

Has been struck by the ban stick
This is really amazing. Everything a man could want, booze, in wall reef and Packers football. I need to hire you for my house.

reeferman

excellent craftsmanship!excellent choice of tv shows too,i see youre watching "Game Of Thrones",my favorite series!

sk8rdn

OMG! Amazing! Speechless... I guess it's a good thing I'm typing.... LOL

So...... When ya building mine? :D

dmatt88

Holy cow dude. That's a big ol wow!

........Myreeftoyours is calling me. again.

Lee

Very basic sump design... I decided on a Reef Octopus Diablo 160 XS, which as the name suggests, is rated up to 160 gallons. However, the Diablo line clearly seems to be a cut above their more basic models, so I struggled with quantitative vs qualitative measure of skimmer greatness. I have a hard time strictly using quantitative measure for skimmer selection, yet it seems quite popular on the forums. "Get a skimmer that's for double your tank size." Well, what if you get a skimmer that's for 50% larger but is a higher quality, more effective method of skimming? Anyway, another factor was the small footprint of the Diablo, thanks to a pump located under the unit as opposed to the side. For the moment, I'm using a 29 gallon sump, so space is limited. The sump will probably grow in time... We'll see
WAxvC.jpg

This is what $360 buys you in live rock. :bugout: Yeah... 90 pounds... I'm gonna need another 90 pounds at least... (spoiler: I already added more)
Ht9N7.jpg

These LED lights are SOOOOOOOO ridiculously bright! Just for fun, I cranked them up to full brightness and took a picture, which murdered my camera. Seriously though, these lights are so bright that if you look at the LEDs for even a second, your vision is F_____D for the next ten minutes!
DgybB.jpg

And now for the worst part... Adding the damn sand.
6jioQ.jpg

7nPRb.jpg

And finally coming into focus!
z2TYv.jpg

reeferman

nice!im sure you are going to but i would put a piece of plywood under the sump to evenly distribute the weight.that unsupported end looks like a shear point waiting to happen.

sk8rdn

Looks Great!

And it'd be a shame not to utilize all that area available with larger sump... :)