least pickiest clownfish species to host

halo2rain

Sorry about the title I know clownfish dont host anemones its the oposite anemones host clownfish... anyways thats out the way I want to know which of the clownfish species is the quickest and least pickiest to make a home in a host anemone

I like the false and true perculas (of course LOL)
I also like clarkii, skunk, maroon clownfish but they are the most aggresive.

I love my clowns and want a pair that will make house in an anemone so any help in this area would help

oh and another note I like the ritteri any of the carpets and the bubbletip anemones

DaveK

I would say that the clarkii and skunk clowns are easiest to get to host, but most of them will host in something. Clowns are funny, some will never host in an anemone other take right to it. A lot depends on the clowns.

As for anemones, how long have you had your tank set up? Anemones require bright light, and stable water conditions. This usually means the tank needs to be set up and running for a year or so before you add a clownfish hosting anemone.

Creekview

My mocha clowns refused to host 2 different nems, a carpet and a bubble tip, in favor of a patch of GSP......

5F328A5C-410F-44CF-AE3F-C2AE850965AF_zpsszori9ym.jpg

Steve L

I have a tomato clown that I bought with a RBT which later died, but the clown now goes to about anything including my duncans and GSP. He also gets along with his tank mates and isn't mean at all.