Lawnmower Blenny

RDrink25

I just picked one up and it was lighter in color when I first had him. Now he is darker and seems to blend in more with the LR is this normal?

bshady

sure like most fish they can change their pigment to light or dark depending on their environment and tempermate.

jpsika08

I got one, at first when brought it home he was light colored, I knew it was because of stress issues, he even saw me coming form afar and rapidly went hiding, now, not even his colors are dark and well toned but he doesn't swim away, he just stares at me like studying my moves LOL, he is the best fish I got in my tank, lots of personality.

RDrink25

]I got one, at first when brought it home he was light colored, I knew it was because of stress issues, he even saw me coming form afar and rapidly went hiding, now, not even his colors are dark and well toned but he doesn't swim away, he just stares at me like studying my moves LOL, he is the best fish I got in my tank, lots of personality.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like mine! He has been in there about 3 days and I have seen him peck at the glass for algae. Should this be enough food for him or should I be supplementing him? There is alot of algae in the tank at this time and they said at Liveaquaria.com that this should be enough. BTW here is a pic of Scooter I can not believe I was able to get him to pose!

jpsika08

Mine is beginning to eat whatever comes on the sand bed, for example, Spirulina flakes, or flake food, pellets and now even frozen foods LOL, it's really fun to watch them peck at the glass and floor, they look like birds. Try to feed him other stuff so you can be sure he won't starve to death and has a really mixed diet.

Your Blenny looks pretty healthy to me, congrats :D

Travy Patty

Have any of you lawnmower blenny keepers noticed the waste produced from them? I'm pretty sure its my lawnmower blenny that's leaving these green burritos behind in the sand... I clean the tank, the sand looks great, and then the next day there's a few green burrito looking things lying out in the open on the sand.