Lawnmower blenny question

thaitopher

So I discovered my diamond goby outside my tank sitting dead on the table. Lesson learned - they really do jump. Before his demise he did a great job at keeping the sand bead clean. Went to Petco today and picked up a lawnmower blenny. Question - I know they aren't sand sifters per say but will he at least keep algae off my sand bed or do I need to add another diamond goby? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

mr_tap_water

I don't think it will be able to stop brown film on your sand that can sometimes to do with too much lighting or too much Phos/silicon.
It could even be just the stage you're going through and my burn itself out on its own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thaitopher

I don't think it will be able to stop brown film on your sand that can sometimes to do with too much lighting or too much Phos/silicon.
It could even be just the stage you're going through and my burn itself out on its own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks. I might get a diamond goby again then. That guy did such a good job at cleaning my sand.

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Yeah he will only really control hair algae. A sand sifting star or the diamond would be good for sand stirring. How big is the tank?

StevesLEDs

RS Sponsor
Out of all of the fish I've kept over the years (which has been several ;) Lawnmowers rank up in my top 3 favorite fish of all time. They make excellent glass cleaners, and if you have enough algae on the glass, they make transparent "lipstick" kiss marks. They have an excellent personality as they perch around, friendly to corals, compatible with most reef fish (they are never the ones to start a fight) and durable has heck. I think the only reason they aren't more popular is the drab color. Their personality definitely makes up for it though!

-Steve

Pat24601

Out of all of the fish I've kept over the years (which has been several ;) Lawnmowers rank up in my top 3 favorite fish of all time. They make excellent glass cleaners, and if you have enough algae on the glass, they make transparent "lipstick" kiss marks. They have an excellent personality as they perch around, friendly to corals, compatible with most reef fish (they are never the ones to start a fight) and durable has heck. I think the only reason they aren't more popular is the drab color. Their personality definitely makes up for it though!

-Steve

Hmm. I'll look into one.