Lawnmower Blenny hiding

jam5971

I have one of these in my aquarium and although he's not the most colourful of marine fish, his markings are quite subtle on close inspection, but what he lacks in colour he makes up for in character.
Depending on where he is in the tank and how the light catches him he sometimes appears a general light colour and at other times generally dark. Down to this depending on where he is in the tank he can be quite well camouflaged. On occasions you can spend ages looking for him and then all of a sudden you see him perched on a rock looking at you, almost as if he's taking the p***s out of you.
However, the last time I saw him was I think 3 nights ago on Tuesday. This is the longest I've gone without seeing him!

So I was wondering what's the longest people have gone without seeing one of their residents?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

reefer gladness

I use a high-powered flashlight to look for anyone hiding in the rockwork. 3 days is pretty long and you may not find him.

Blennies are great additions but many lawnmower blennies have slowly starved to death in aquariums where not enough algae is present for food. Not sure how large your tank is, for smaller tanks I'd go with a smaller blenny like a tail-spot which has the same character as the lawnmower.