Largest and prettiest tang/angel for a 75g

zchauvin

I'm trying to decide whether or not to make my 75g saltwater and this will make up my mind. I want qt least 2 of the larger fish and then will put several smaller fish also
Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
With a 75 gallon your very limited on the Tangs/Angelfish options. I'd recommend one of the smaller Tangs Zebrasoma/Ctenochaetus sp. such as the Yellow Tang or the Tomini and AFA the large Angelfish I don't know of any that would do well in a 75 instead I'd recommend the Dwarf Angels such as the Flame or Multicolor.

zchauvin

Dang, that's a killer. I didn't really want the usual yellow tank and what not. Thanks though

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

KRAZE

Yeah most tangs and angels are gonna need more than a 75... but there are several cool dwarf angels out there. African flamebacks are different, and I think lemonpeels are a smaller species, not sure though...

AquaticFuture

as long as you buy them small, i dont see a problem with having a larger kind of tang but when it grows you will eventually have to get rid of it. maybe you can go to your Local fish store (LFS) and trade for smaller ones. just dont expect to get full price for what you think its worth. but i trade fish with my LFS every now and then so it should be ok to do what you want to do with your tank.

KRAZE

as long as you buy them small, i dont see a problem with having a larger kind of tang but when it grows you will eventually have to get rid of it. maybe you can go to your Local fish store (LFS) and trade for smaller ones. just dont expect to get full price for what you think its worth. but i trade fish with my LFS every now and then so it should be ok to do what you want to do with your tank.

Do not listen to ths advice, that's a terrible idea. First off, there are more rwasons than just the fact that the fish gets too big, some fish, especially tangs, need the room to swim.
Also, habe you even tried to capture a tang/angel in a tank full of rock? There s a reason LFS keep those fish in bare tanks

Also, this is cruel to an animal. If you wanted a Mastiff and lived in a studio apt, you should just get a puppy, then drop it at a shelter? Didn't think so

Stock the tank you have correct the first time, save the trouble you are bound to have later.

Also, check out Brissletooth tangs, pretty sure they are a small tank species.

BLADEYAMAHA

I'm probably going to get shot for this, but you might get away with a Tomini Tang in a 75 gallon, but not really a great idea. The Kole Tang is small too, but is way too active IMO for a 75.

steved13

PREMIUM
3 large angels 3 small angels

169.jpg

Tru2nr

I'm probably going to get shot for this, but you might get away with a Tomini Tang in a 75 gallon, but not really a great idea. The Kole Tang is small too, but is way too active IMO for a 75.

Tominis and koles and other bristletooth tangs are more grazers and would be fine in a 75 provided theres enough rockwork

...60% of the time it works every time