Lab and Aquarium Grade Test Kits

Rhodes19

That's correct for the other non-alk Hanna tests. You first calibrate on the vial with tank water only, then add the reagent, shake a bit, and then insert it and take a reading (with a few button pushes involved). The Hanna alk checker seems to be very accurate with the new liquid reagent. After all the problems I (and others) initially had with it I still tend to trust Salifert though. Before they came out with the liquid reagent I was always concerned about the residue of powder reagent that remained on the inside of the little packet, but I would guess Hanna accounted for that. It can be a bit tricky holding the vial in one hand and trying to add the powder packet with the other hand, but it got easier after doing it a few times.

Thanks again Terry :). I hope the liquid is easier to put in than the powder.

steved13

PREMIUM
I have been using the Hanna checker for phosphate for awhile now. The powder packets are a pain, but you get used to it (I haven't found a measurement tool yet that doesn't contain a pain.). Having a digital readout is fantastic, over matching colors.

Rhodes19

I have been using the Hanna checker for phosphate for awhile now. The powder packets are a pain, but you get used to it (I haven't found a measurement tool yet that doesn't contain a pain.). Having a digital readout is fantastic, over matching colors.

Thanks steve,

I appreciate the feed back. Maybe I can start practicing on sweet and low packages. LOL

pjb9166

Good stuff Boomer, Thanks!

API does not make a Magnesium test kit, I use Salifert for that and API for all others.

I use the same. The only problem is not sure if API is all that. According to my tests my water is pristine.
When I upped my light I'm now getting algae growth brown and bits of hair. I use RO water and red sea salt.
I also use Instant Ocean Hydrometer. With recommended weight of salt I do get suggested salinity.

Paul