Kyles blood, sweet and TEARS!!! :)

Oxylebius

the ones I catch look like this,,
basketsatr1_zps3fb92ae0.jpg
Gorgonocephalus_eucnemisDLC2001_zpsb0a99015.jpg

These are also the ones I'm used to seeing being pulled up w/ scientific equipment on moorings.

Haven't seen this type before. Looks more like a feather duster.

How do you feed it?

kyle4201

Phito feast im guessing. I tries to spot feed with brine shrimp but didnt even snag 1,, so im assuming he is a filter guy

Oxylebius

You know what Kyle, it looks more like a crinoid (aka feather stars and sea lilies). What does the base of yours look like? You may have a feather star.
Check this out, article.

kyle4201

Yep,, the Pix under "behavior" is exactly what I have, and the 2nd video after that, the "dancing" one, is exactly what he does. I even double asked the LFS store guys since I thought I knew what a basket star was. :) THX!!! :)

Oxylebius

Your lfs down there have the neatest creatures.

I hope you can keep it alive. It looks really cool. Knowing what it is and what/how it eats is a start!

Next time you see it swimming, take a vid, I would love to see it in action.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Hey Kid! :wave:
Haven't seen you on the forum much lately. :(
Hope all is well & that your fish & corals are doing great!
Check in & UPDATE Your thread please! ;)

kyle4201

Hey guys. Sorry. Things have ben CRAZY lately. Yes my tank is doing great! Even with my neglecting it a bit. I bought a boat that needed WAY more work than I thought. Im still going to Denver so 8ll b checking in alot as we get closer. :) here's my new pix.
20140520_213525_zps57102adb.jpg
20140617_234229_zps7b8e48ba.jpg

kyle4201

What's going in the corner tank?

That was my Corn Teen tank when I was putting fish in every 2 weeks. Im at my desided bioload so no more fish. Its just sitting there, filter running, empty. I dont want to take it down cuz 1, it looks good there,,, and 2, I know as soon as I do Ill see a fish I want. lollol

Basile

Great thread man , great build too, your much more handier that me i must say. I've been busy with my new company, haven't been visiting much anybody . This morning catching up a bit. Really cool set up i must say. I wouldn't have time for all those tanks lol. Now starting a new business take up much of my time. Those basket starfish are planctonic eaters check it out here;

http://www.saltcorner.com/AquariumLibrary/browsegroupspecies.php?GroupID=211

Great to see you again.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Hello Kyle :hallo: Got any new fish? :fishy::fishy:
Stop in & let us know how your world of satlwater is progressing please!

kyle4201

Hello Mama D. Nothing new. Everything is just balanced out perfect. No bad things. So its just feed em, 1ce a month water changes and enjoying them. :) Its just how I wanted it. Beautiful and easy. Took alot of work to get here though. Thank you for all your help when I was starting. :)

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Ahh yes, the happy phase.....soon they will be overgrowing everything and stinging each other but hey, isn't that what we wanted?

:)

Glad to hear things are going good.