Kyle's Big Reef (220 gallon)

LSUFireGal

Just bought a 220 gallon complete set up. The big move is Saturday. I am so blessed to have such AMAZING people in my local reef club to help me get this done. I can't wait to blow my son's mind. I am going to set it up while my son is with his dad so he will come home to find out he will have 140 MORE gallons to dream about. The live stock will of course be safely held at a local LFS while the tank stabilizes. He is going to be over the moon!

Some pics:

y6yjetyd.jpg

ny2u5uje.jpg

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
WOW, Looks BEAUTIFUL! Good luck with the move going smoothly. Thanks for starting a tank thread so we can follow along :D

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
That's a cool video! I've never seen Banggai Cardinal eggs...Will you post a picture when the spawn?
Are you going to try to raise them?

LSUFireGal

That's a cool video! I've never seen Banggai Cardinal eggs...Will you post a picture when the spawn?
Are you going to try to raise them?

The male holds the eggs in his mouth for about 3 weeks. They hatch in there and he spits out tiny mini versions of the adults. I am not sure if I will try and raise them yet. Sometimes the male will eat them or spit them out too soon. I may just see how he does this time before deciding.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
It'd be lots of work to try & raise them....there was a tread on here where someone was but I haven't seen an update in a long time. I'd just think of them as "free food" cause I'm not starting a baby tank. :yup:
Still a cool thing to have a pair spawning in your tank. My clowns may SOMEDAY but they've been acting goo-goo for each other a l-o-n-g long time and NOTHING yet.

LSUFireGal

We just set up a little pico tank so I could put them in there. I have a friend who has all the live food cultures going so that isn't a problem, who knows? Maybe, but I doubt it.

ve9yza7y.jpg

LSUFireGal

And here is my soon to be baby. Can't wait until he in Kyle's tank and I can spoil him rotten too. He is MASSIVE!
aderysys.jpg