Kman's 85 Gallon

Kman237

Hello everyone, Going to start up a thread for my 85 gallon. I will be setting the tank up in less then two weeks. Working on idea's for aquascaping, plumbing ect...
I bought this tank used. The tank was only two months old.

Anyway here we go.... :bounce:

Tank - Planet Aquarium crystalline 85
Sump - Trigger Systems Crystal Elite 30
Lights - 2x Radion xr15 pro ( Looking into getting more powerful lights or Building a floating canopy for Hybrid T5/LED).
Skimmer -Reef Octopus Classic 150INT
Power Heads - 2x MP 40's
Media Reactor - BRS Carbon & GFO
Controller - Apex Unit

Iv'e got tons a live rock in the garage and a heater. That about sums it up for now. Here are some pictures of the tank when I picked up it and moved it to my garage.

Thanks,

Before we broke it down with blues only on.
5c538092-c39a-46b9-81d9-6c5581e0d721_zpsimd9hkox.jpg

Sump/plumbing
243_zpsrgwaykcy.jpg

247_zpsvk6cc8x7.jpg

Got it home
292_zpszviuoy4g.jpg

Some of the Live rock I have
41088e90-09ef-43a6-b3c3-7760e87c0647_zps1aaxxxty.jpg

Kman237

Quick update -This weekend I traded someone a nano tank I had for a Radion XR30 gen 1. Going to place this light in the middle of the two XR15's I have. Should really light up the tank between all three lights. :)
Hopefully this will work well. Few days left before I set it up.

Kman237

Time for an update. After being out of town over the past weekend bird hunting and hanging out with the newest addition to the family my nephew Kingston :) I was able to setup the tank :)
73cb12b1-8ff0-44c0-b605-63a3d98aa1f5_zpscnz4hbzk.jpg

025_zps1h9oqyj3.jpg

I currently have everything running other then the media reactor and my third light the XR30. I will work on both of these over the next few days. Iv'e been focused on getting the tank wet and getting the cycle going.

Here's a few pics of setting up the tank.
c8835094-dd43-40ab-bbef-e7b06f8cb4a4_zpslx9vw5xr.jpg

6793610e-c598-46d7-b38b-c7b0d8ecaa59_zpsdzos7apg.jpg

Finally up and running!
100_zpsqx78h7qd.jpg

Last edited:

Kman237

Update -

The tank cycled in about two weeks very quick! I started with all Live rock some from my old system same with the sand.

I added my fish slowly so the good bacteria could build up.
No spikes at all in my levels through the process of adding my fish.

Current stock and I won't be adding more.

From the old tank my Red Sea Max 250
Blue tang
2x Snowflake clowns - paired and laying eggs.
Scooter Blenny
Blood Fire Shrimp
Pearl Jaw Fish

New Stock I bought
McCosker's fairy wrasse
Leopard Wrasse - (a little soon adding this one but I have Pods everywhere and the rock is aged. She's eating very well and doing great!)
Serpent starfish
Cleaner Shrimp.

I have added lots of coral from my old tank and I have made a few new purchases as well.
With Coral Fest coming up this weekend I will be coming home with lots more!!!! Iv'e already bought several frags that will be waiting for me this weekend at the event :)

PICS coming soon!

Last edited: