Karma?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cioutlaw

Not sure if this is the proper place to post this but I am new & other new members might benifit.. what is with the karma points? I cant find anywhere on the site explaining what they are?

murkywaters

Because I can see who sends me karma I quit signing karma. D just told me that only premium members can see who sends karma. Dummy me thought T added a new feature. But then I reread the premium membership perks and sure enough seeing who sent karma is one of them. LOL oh well.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
That in itself makes it WELL worth while for the cost :) Remember you get what you pay for sometimes... LOL!!

Don't sweat that BAD karma unless you get it a LOT!!! WE all get it now and again.... don't get me wrong.. I don't like it but I consider the source and usually just laugh it off....

Intranick

oh trust me i dont sweat the bad stuff especially if its something like "you suck" or "you're an idiot" lol

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Nick we don't condone THAT type of comments and behavior. If you have THAT type of Karma just let us know.

Allen

SubRosa

Nick we don't condone THAT type of comments and behavior. If you have THAT type of Karma just let us know.

Allen
That depends on who sent the karma! I received some karma awhile back from a moderator that used profanity. When I questioned Travis about it he thought it was no big deal. I guess some animals are more equal than others.

John

Intranick

I got some of that a long time ago, I know very well who sent it even without them putting their name, dont worry about it Al -- its more funny than anything.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
More often than not we know who/where it comes from AT the time and many times it's alright. :)

SubRosa

The exact message was "and from i read (sic) you still can't hold a job in the trade. you suck!" While I'm not a premium member there is no doubt in my mind who sent it because it was a direct reply to a statement I made to him. We have since come to an understanding of sorts so I don't see any need to name him publicly. But it does prove one of two possibilities:

1. That mods are held to a different standard

or

2. Your statement is incorrect.

I'd be very interested in hearing any other possibilities you can "think" up!

John

SubRosa

Allen
How do you reconcile the previous quote with this one?(Sorry I'm not saavy enough to get two quotes in one post)
"more often than not we know who/where it comes from AT the time and many times it's alright.
They are definitely contradictory. Anxiously awaiting your reply!

lcstorc

Just an opinion here but in my mind there is a different standard as to what is acceptable on the open board as opposed to what is acceptable in PM or Karma Komment.
Not sure about the actual rules and such but I am certainly more careful in the open than in private comments.

SubRosa

Or you could just pm me, admit the mistake or that it's ok to treat some members that way and not others and that will be the last you hear from me on the subject.

John

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I can only assume that it's a case by case basis.

John once it's gone to Travis the rest of us have no Say So! From that point on it's up to him. I can only guess he looked into it. As I said just a guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.