Just picked up a used RSM 130D

PeterS

Just got it up the stairs yesterday, it was a bit heavy to carry it up three floors.

Going to pick up some live sand, rock and reef salt this weekend and trying to figure out what else I'm going to need to get started to cycle the tank.

Have had freshwater tanks on and off since I was a teenager, mostly off the last decade, and was meaning to set up a smaller freshwater tank when I stumbled upon this RSM for what I thought was a pretty reasonable price.

Been trying to read up on the theory of keeping a reef tank and keeping my fingers crossed that I won't mess it up too much. :)

My first question is, should the cabinet for the RSM 130D have rubber feet?
If so one is missing on mine, if not I have to remove three...

Squatch XXL

I don't have an RSM, but I do appreciate where you are coming from. I took almost a decade off from the hobby, and am only 18 months back in. There is so much to read when getting in the salty side of the habit.

You will certainly make some mistakes, as we all have. Keeping an eye on the tank's parameters is a great way to get familiar with your tank and the theory of the chemistry.

Good Luck and congrats on the RSM. They are great AIO tanks.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members

Start a tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along, we love pics :nessie:

Pat24601

Welcome! I think the 130 is a GREAT tank! I think you'll love it.

I can't speak to the feet though. ;)