Just joined the club with my first bsjf and have questions about diet and tank mates.

orionsbsjf

Okay i just joined the club picked him up tonight and put him in my 29 gallon biocube to be reef tank i prestarted a burrow for him and he shot into it and is excavating and building with shells and rubble and poking his head out not even 3 hours after i put him in after acclimation. Its a week old but before you freak hold your horse it was made with live sand from carib sea and 30lbs of live rock from a 20long i had going for a year and before that it was in a 90 i keep changing tanks its fun to start a new one and try different setups :yup:.

My question is food and what to feed him here is what i have:

Frozen:
Pemysis
Bloodworms
brine
silversides
krill

Dry: For some clowns i have
New life spectrum marine forumal sinking pellets (37% protien first ingredients: krill meal, herring meal, squid meal)
Ocean nutrition Prime reef flakes (55.4% protien Ingredients: Plankton, Squid, Salmon)

If i need to buy anything different i will no biggy this is ust what i have laying around.

Now onto tank mates its a 29 gallon biocube whith 40lbs of sand for the little guy crushed coarse and fine all mixed together. i figure id get 2 or 3 more fish. I want to keep the bioload down so i am not doing a water change every other week while my other tank is every 2 weeks. I have no clue what i want haha i want very bright colors and i heard that similar body shapes sometimes get eaten and i want to stress the bsjf the least because its my focus fish and he is burrowing front and center. So throw out some stocking ideas!!!

Thanks for all your help and discussion.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Re: Just joined the club with my first bsjf and have questions about diet and tank ma

welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Start a new tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along - we love pics :)