Just a Chillin here

Scouter Steve

Just wanted to brag a little. Just got a 1/4 hp chiller (Pacific Coast) from Premiun Aquatics. Great service by the way. Plumbed it as a closed loop through a SCWD powered by a Panworld pump (nh-150ps) on my 120 gal new setup. I have just set this tank up, so far have 120 pounds of LR in there and was busy watching temps go from 78 to plus 85 with fan blowing across tank top so I was concerned about my future investment in live stock. It has only been in operation just over a day now but I can see my temperature battles are over. Maybe now I will be able to cut back on the 2-3 gallons per day RO water top off.

PS the SCWD is an awesome addition too, can't wait to see corals flowing in there

billyr98

My topoff has dropped bigtime since i added the chiller... I went from 6-8 gallons a day to about 3-5 g a day... Its great.. Less work :)

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
I just got the Aqua Logic Trimline Cyclone chiller for a tank I maintenance. it cooled the tank 3 degrees in less than an hour. She got the helical coil design and I couldn't belive how fast it worked and how quit it is.

My review easy to install, very little maintenance, The cost is a little high but after looking at all the other chillers on the market. I think it was a great choice.

Plus no need for a pump. On top of all this there is no way I'll ever set up a tank again without a chiller no temp worries from here on out.

http://www.marinedepot.com/md_viewItem.asp?idproduct=AL2135K

Frankie

RS STAFF
Nice EEK. Im looking for a new chiller and that one looks good. has a great write up on the quiet factor and thats one of my quirks. hate to hear the tank.

lcstorc

Would you generally want to change the temp that much that quickly? I thought you wanted to make changes very gradually?
Sorry, just trying to learn.