June 2010 POTM Contest!

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
Louisgo that is an amazing picture, i have never seen clownfish fry that close before, Love it!

goldenmean

Hard to beat a baby animal photo! LOL!
I'll play anyway.
Here is my Arc Eye Hawk Fish next to a chalice with its feeders out.

ArcEye_.jpg

hma

@goldenmean

nice shot Jeff ;), who knows how choose the user ultimately ? Already been reached the strangest Results. So, who knows ?

But, which of the three images should I use?

Cirrhilabrus scottorum

Cirrhilabrus%20scottorum_C.jpg

Pterosynchiropus splendidus

Pterosynchiropus%20splendidus%20-%20Mandarinfisch_C.jpg

Amphiprion clarkii - Larvae a few hours before slip

Clarkii-Larven_Macro_C.jpg

DanSReef

All I can say is WOW! These pictures are outstanding! The pictures of the clown fry are incredible. Great stuff everyone!

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
Bump!!!

This is going to be an awesome month, can't wait to see what's next.

Big Jay

I took another 500 shots today. This was the result. Still debating which picture to submit. I guess it shouldn't matter though. The clowns eggs will win. Great picture.
DSC_0272.jpg

Orange.jpg

yasha.jpg

Big Jay

Good luck with deciding :) I like all three but partial to one.

I wasn't quite happy with the first 3 I had. I think my mind is made up. Like I said. IMO the clown eggs will win. It will get the 'cute' vote and the 'wow' vote. Great picture.:surrender: :dance:

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
You never know, I can't decide which of the three pics you posted recently I like best, everytime I think I have one picked out I change my mind. Lol

we have a lot of excellent photos to choose from this time around, I haven't decided which one I would vote for out of the current pictures if I had to this minute.

Seems like everyone is pulling out the big guns, :) lots of jaw droppers to drool over.

Val

There are so many great pics I don't know how to choose just one. Here is my newest fish.

tang1.jpg

DxSOR25

WOW when i saw the prize i thought WOW I NEED THAT.. i gotta do anything to win this!.. then i looked at all the pics so far. Each new pic i was like, wow thats gonna win. I offically have no shot, but tomorrow i will try my best to take some pics. My camera is not capable of any of those pictures but a man can try lol.

GREAT PICS EVERYONE!

Big Jay

WOW when i saw the prize i thought WOW I NEED THAT.. i gotta do anything to win this!.. then i looked at all the pics so far. Each new pic i was like, wow thats gonna win. I offically have no shot, but tomorrow i will try my best to take some pics. My camera is not capable of any of those pictures but a man can try lol.

GREAT PICS EVERYONE!
Get a magnifying glass and hold it front of the lens. Use the flash, it speeds up the shutter. Point and shoots work fine. If you camera has a white balance setting play with it for a while. I have found that setting my Sony to 'Florescence' and then as cool as possible (bottom of the list). That's with my Sony anyways.

You can read about all kinda of neat photography tips in this forum!

Big Jay

Well for some odd reason I can't upload my photo. I tried 2 different sizes from photobucket and tried uploading it from my computer. The forums 'says' it uploaded to the gallery successfully but it doesn't show up. Last month I had no issues at all. It would suck if I couldn't enter. I have even tried to upload from my wife's computer. Desperate I know.

DxSOR25

hmm yeah i gotta mess with them.. i got a point and shoot.. a canon PowerShot SD1200 IS. trying to learn things and play with macro.

ive been tryin to get pictures of some clownfish.. THEY ARE IMPOSSIBLE.. constantly moving! is there a trick? shutter speed i guess?

i just dont know anything about cameras but since i got into this hobby ive been trying to learn. Im saving up for an SLR but being a full time student getting my MBA therefore finances arent great lol.

And Big Jay, are you serious about a magnifying glass? lol that works?